GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
Agreed, if we have like one win on the next road trip, this season is OVA! Wait until people start criticizing Ozzie for his son bashing Thome. I'm sure that will go over well with Konerko and company.

This is reminiscent of the "we don't need no f--king milk and cookies in the locker room" rant by Tony Muser against the born-again Christians like Sweeney and Randa in the Royals' clubhouse. Thome soft? Gimme an f'in break. He was soft on Blackburn's fastball in Game 163 into the shrubbery, that's for sure. He has put up the same exact numbers he puts up every year, 1000+ OPS, any surprise?

I really think that his son's comments ripping Thome will have some blowback and a residual affect as the season continues to slide away.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:22 PM)
This is reminiscent of the "we don't need no f--king milk and cookies in the locker room" rant by Tony Muser against the born-again Christians like Sweeney and Randa in the Royals' clubhouse. Thome soft? Gimme an f'in break. He was soft on Blackburn's fastball in Game 163 into the shrubbery, that's for sure. He has put up the same exact numbers he puts up every year, 1000+ OPS, any surprise?

I really think that his son's comments ripping Thome will have some blowback and a residual affect as the season continues to slide away.

No one cares about Oney Guillen.

If they care about Oney Guillen...they should be DFA'd for being idiots.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:23 PM)
No one cares about Oney Guillen.

If they care about Oney Guillen...they should be DFA'd for being idiots.

It's not ONEY.

It's more representative of the lack of institutional control that Ozzie has over his family (to keep them from embarassing both him and the White Sox) and the fact that all his rants and threats are no longer considered meaningful by any of the players or beat writers that follow the team.

No way he can bring this team back the dead.

It's weird to see a home run to left in the Cell and so few fans in the stands.

Reminds me of my youth when nobody went to Old Comiskey. The Cell is gonna be a tomb this summer.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:27 AM)
It's weird to see a home run to left in the Cell and so few fans in the stands.

Reminds me of my youth when nobody went to Old Comiskey. The Cell is gonna be a tomb this summer.

Greg, can you please state why Ozzie should still be managing? What does he bring to this organization?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 04:28 AM)
Will be embarassing to have an attendance of less than 20,000 for a Friday home game in May...yeah, yeah, it's the cold weather, that's it.

Well, most fans probably just stayed home to watch the Blackhawks. Truth be told, the White Sox have no buzz in Chicago right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)
Well, most fans probably just stayed home to watch the Blackhawks. Truth be told, the White Sox have no buzz in Chicago right now.

They're the equivalent of an arena football or WNBA franchise right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:29 PM)

Last May I watched the Sox get drilled and humiliated on back to back home Fridays and realized this team was not any good and never really watched them with any excitement the rest of the year. It took me three games this year to realize there were no changes made to this team

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:32 AM)
Last May I watched the Sox get drilled and humiliated on back to back home Fridays and realized this team was not any good and never really watched them with any excitement the rest of the year. It took me three games this year to realize there were no changes made to this team

I would give KW so much credit if he just got power hitters at all 9 positions, and then tried to outslug everyone. No more slap hitters, no more bunting.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)
I would give KW so much credit if he just got power hitters at all 9 positions, and then tried to outslug everyone. No more slap hitters, no more bunting.

Thats another thing this game highlights...we shouldn't bunt. We actually executed a sacrifice in the 9th and we just can't get a big hit...whats the point sacraficing people over for .150 hitters?

Greg, can you please state why Ozzie should still be managing? What does he bring to this organization?

It's obvious you and I have a big difference of opinion in the outcome of a game.

I tend to blame the players, the talent and the execution while realizing there are 10 to 20 decisions every game by Oz or any manager that can be second guessed.

If he takes Mark B out and the reliever gives up the hit, then who do you blame? Prolly Ozzie cause he'd have brought in the reliever you don't want.

What if Mark, who is a veteran with not a terrible pitch count, would have gotten out of the inning. That could have happened.

Buck hits 2 home runs. Buck sucks. I do not blame Ozzie for that.

Putz gives up the big bomb. Hell, Oz could have had some other pitcher in there. I blame the guy who tossed the gopher ball.

Jenks never pitches well in a tie game he shouldn't have been in there. Why the f*** can't he get through the inning? I blame Bobby.

As far as what Ozzie brings ...

I firmly am convinced he knows the game of baseball. The talent we have this year, especially on offense, sucks big dog.

Ozzie haters can say, "Well Ozzie wanted this horses*** lineup. He wanted Kotsay and Juan and Teahen."

Well, fine. If Ozzie truly is the manager/GM, then maybe he should be fired for bringing in bad players.

The only way I see him deserving being fired is if he is the GM/manager and not just the manager. I still say he had the input but KW makes the calls there.

I think Ozzie bunting the runners over tonight was the right call late. Two guys couldn't get a f***ing hit, including Oz's boy Juan.

I just think Ozzie knows the game of baseball and makes the moves most all managers make.

I believe he bringing a lot to the organization.

Some blame managers; I blame the players unless I feel the manager is a buffoon like Bevington.

I think ozzie is a good baseball mind, thus I blame the players.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:34 PM)

Power is the way to go with our damn park.

But don't you blame Guillen for being blind to all of those players' faults?

Putting Pierre in a situation to have to drive a ball after the bunt, when Teahen has XB power (supposedly). He (Pierre) has ONE hit with RISP all season long I think.

Not using Santos over Putz.

Leaving Buehrle in way too long, to the point where he could have lost the game.

NEVER NEVER EVER EVER use Jenks in a tie game when you have Santos and Thornton in the pen.

I suppose we'll hear the old/tired excuse, well, Konerko's neck is hurting and Beckham will snap out of it...if they were both playing, we would have won.

For crying out loud, our former ROY shortstop from just 2 years ago went from all those Grand Salamis to having Mark Kotsay (of the 548 OPS) intentionally walked in front of him...

Edited by caulfield12

Guys they are not throwing Santos on back to back nights. They are obviously concerned about keeping him healthy because he has exactly one season under his belt as a pitcher, and it sounds like he has a pretty significant sore arm period of adjustment last year.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:44 AM)
Guys they are not throwing Santos on back to back nights. They are obviously concerned about keeping him healthy because he has exactly one season under his belt as a pitcher, and it sounds like he has a pretty significant sore arm period of adjustment last year.

Which is why it's really frustrating that they keep pitching him in games we're losing.

But don't you blame Guillen for being blind to all of those players' faults?

Putting Pierre in a situation to have to drive a ball after the bunt, when Teahen has XB power (supposedly). He has ONE hit with RISP all season long I think.

Not using Santos over Putz.

Leaving Buehrle in way too long, to the point where he could have lost the game.

NEVER NEVER EVER EVER use Jenks in a tie game when you have Santos and Thornton in the pen.

Fair questions.

On the first one ... most managers at home bunt the runner into scoring position in a tie game late. With two outs to play with, you should be able to get a hit and win.

On the second one ... I guess Santos shoulda come in over Putz. Santos has been great all year. If he's rested which I guess he is, good call there. But is there any guarantee he'd have fared any better? Why couldn't Putz get the job done? is he horses***? I still blame Putz some.

Why did he leave Mark in too long? Wasn't his pitch count OK?

Has Jenks sucked every time he's entered a tie game? If so, why? I guess if Bobby's track record is that he fails 80 percent of the tie games he enters, then Oz failed big time putting him in again. But again, why can't he get his head out of his ass and do the job??