GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
Question for you, as you usually have a different take on most things than I do:

Which prospects on the Sox would you trade, and who would you keep (of the main names)

Depends...am I in a position where the big league team has clawed back into it and is 1 player short or not?

If I'm not within a couple games...I wouldn't trade any of like my top 8.

If I think I can make a run at the division, I hold onto D2, because of D1, and Flowers unless the return is incredible, because I don't think forcing myself to bid on AJ is a smart move.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:13 PM)
I think he's a guy who is going to have to face major league pitching before we get a good read of him. That K-rate will either damn him, or force him to make adjustments.

He's got to get things ironed out in the minors. He's not going to get to the bigs and figure things out there.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:16 AM)
Depends...am I in a position where the big league team has clawed back into it and is 1 player short or not?

If I'm not within a couple games...I wouldn't trade any of like my top 8.

If I think I can make a run at the division, I hold onto D2, because of D1, and Flowers unless the return is incredible, because I don't think forcing myself to bid on AJ is a smart move.

I think Flowers stock isn't high enough right now where you trade him, as he's more valuable to the Sox likely. Same goes for Hudson as well. Danks 2 would be first guy I trade if not for his brother.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
He's got to get things ironed out in the minors. He's not going to get to the bigs and figure things out there.

There's a select few guys who do. I don't know why, but i get the feeling that he's one of those guy who needs his ass thrown in the fire.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
I think Flowers stock isn't high enough right now where you trade him, as he's more valuable to the Sox likely. Same goes for Hudson as well. Danks 2 would be first guy I trade if not for his brother.

Hudson had 1 bad outing this year. I think, especially as the year goes on, his value is just going to keep going up and up.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:19 AM)
Hudson had 1 bad outing this year. I think, especially as the year goes on, his value is just going to keep going up and up.

But with the absolute lack of another minor league pitcher that is projecteable as a future Sox starter, Hudson's value is extremely high.

So basically we won't trade any of our top six prospects, haha, LOGICALLY.

Hudson, Flowers, Danks, Viciedo (KW's ego is on the line too much with that move), Mitchell and Trayce Thompson.

So who's #7-10 that we would part with and would get us a Lance Berkman? HMMMMM...

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
But with the absolute lack of another minor league pitcher that is projecteable as a future Sox starter, Hudson's value is extremely high.

I'd agree if we didn't already have 4 guys in our starting rotation at least through the end of 2011.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:21 AM)

Hudson, Flowers, Danks, Viciedo (KW's ego is on the line too much with that move), Mitchell and Trayce Thompson.

So who's #7-10 that we would part with and would get us a Lance Berman? HMMMMM...

Balta and I are in agreement that we shouldn't pursue Berkman unless we get within a few games and everyone starts playing better.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:21 PM)

So who's #7-10 that we would part with and would get us a Lance Berman? HMMMMM...

Did you read the post at all? If we're mired in 4th place in the division, you think Lance Berkman is making that big of a difference?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
Balta and I are in agreement that we shouldn't pursue Berkman unless we get within a few games and everyone starts playing better.

Put me in this camp. There's no need to give up your system for an aging veteran and on a futile division chase. A-Gone is different.

Edited by Thunderbolt

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)

I should also add that trading Thompson right now seems like a potentially huge mistake, but I wouldn't lose the division on it if he was the centerpiece of a trade.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 01:22 AM)
Did you read the post at all? If we're mired in 4th place in the division, you think Lance Berkman is making that big of a difference?

I just hate trading for Berkman as he'd be a 4 months rental. However, that's not really KW's style, so I'm not concerned.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:22 PM)
A-Gone is different.

You really think, right now, if we added Gonzalez tomorrow to this lineup and only had to give up minor leaguers, that we'd be in position to compete for the division?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:24 AM)
You really think, right now, if we added Gonzalez tomorrow to this lineup and only had to give up minor leaguers, that we'd be in position to compete for the division?

Instead of one bat, I'd rather spend money on 3-4 additions in the next few offseasons.