GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:46 PM)
I don't think he's an asshole at all, in the way that someone like Milton Bradley is. I think he's just wild, and our clubhouse led by Konerko, Thome, and Dye didn't like it.

There was clearly more going on than that.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:47 AM)
There was clearly more going on than that.

Well, yes and then he was upset he got benched at the end of the year. I was hoping they would be able to work it out and have him return last year, but obviously we got rid of him at the first chance we could.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:46 PM)
I don't think he's an asshole at all, in the way that someone like Milton Bradley is. I think he's just wild, and our clubhouse led by Konerko, Thome, and Dye didn't like it.

Judging by how he reacted to getting benched, he sure sounds like one to me. he sure thought he was more important than the team, that's for sure.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Thornton can't close until you get another guy can do his job as well as he does on this ballclub.

If you just mean a reliever, I trust Santos/Putz. If you mean a lefty....then no, we don't have a replacement.

But either way...

Closer>Set-up man

Edited by JoeCoolMan24

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:53 PM)
Thornton can't close until you get another guy can do his job as well as he does on this ballclub.

Well if Thornton was the closer, he would have pitched the 9th and the game would be over

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:54 PM)
If you just mean a reliever, I trust Putz. If you mean a lefty....then no, we don't have a replacement.

But either way...

Closer>Set-up man

You know the sad thing? We'd probably see Thornton a lot less if he was the closer right now. Especially when you factor in how many leads we'd be blowing.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:53 PM)
Santos and Putz.

Santo is going to have innings restrictions placed on him all year. Putz is being monitored for his health. And we literally have no other LHP's worth a damn in the entire system. It's a no go.