GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 8, 2010 -> 04:14 AM)
God I can't wait til Ozzie is gone. It's gonna be so refreshing!

I'm actually getting optimistic that something will happen soon, either it be with him or Walker. Our record and attendance is severely disappointing to Reinsdorf.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Nice f***ing pitch, Putz.

Yeah, don't bother using Santos Ozzie, not like he can get guys out or anything.

Putz has been great this year. You can't criticize Ozzie for every call he makes. Had Putz had a 1-2-3 inning you would have thought Ozzie was a genius.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:15 PM)
I'm actually getting optimistic that something will happen soon, either it be with him or Walker. Our record and attendance is severely disappointing to Reinsdorf.

It's getting close enough to memorial day that the clock has to be ticking.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 04:16 AM)
It's getting close enough to memorial day that the clock has to be ticking.

Agreed, if we have like one win on the next road trip, this season is OVA! Wait until people start criticizing Ozzie for his son bashing Thome. I'm sure that will go over well with Konerko and company.

Edited by fathom

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 7, 2010 -> 11:16 PM)
guillen's bullpen management along with the simply stupid rationale that pierre and vizquel should bat 1 and 2 should be reason enough to fire him

Does Pierre get another AB? I want to see an 0/6.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
Now watch him easily get the next out...

Told ya.

Man I'm almost at the point where I'd rather see the Charlotte Knights up here. I almost time to start thinking about and making moves for 2011.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
Putz has been great this year. You can't criticize Ozzie for every call he makes. Had Putz had a 1-2-3 inning you would have thought Ozzie was a genius.

This is incorrect. The game is on Ozzie...but not because of this inning. Thornton should have had the ninth. He continues to pitch Jenks in tie games in the ninth...its baffling.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)

We're behind BALT and the RAYS, 21st.

But STILL 3.7% up on our attendance at this same exact point last year. I wonder if they meant per game average or that the actual numbers who had attended a game was up at this same date (because of fewer games to this point in 2009), that could be a deliberately misleading stat to cover things up a bit.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:18 PM)
This is incorrect. The game is on Ozzie...but not because of this inning. Thornton should have had the ninth. He continues to pitch Jenks in tie games in the ninth...its baffling.

Don't forget leaving Mark in too long.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 8, 2010 -> 03:18 AM)

f*** that, I'm more pissed about the 8th. Buehrle let them tie the game when he had no business still pitching.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)
f*** that, I'm more pissed about the 8th. Buehrle let them tie the game when he had no business still pitching.

Agreed...thats absolutely right as well. He makes so many questionable calls we have to debate which are more detrimental to the team. It's unbelievable.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 10:19 PM)

With Thorton rested it is inexcusable that he did not pitch the 8th or 9th there could be a bigger no brainer