GT: Blue Jays @ White Sox, Fri 5/7, 7:10pm CT

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 01:58 AM)
So, you're saying that KW wanted to dump Beckham, Quentin, Ramirez, and Pierzynski, but Ozzie wouldn't let him?

You know exactly what we're talking about. I'll be the first person to say this team won't win if the core players continue to absolutely suck. However, the bench could have been constructed much better, but Ozzie wanted a certain type of roster.

• Replies 750
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)
You know exactly what we're talking about. I'll be the first person to say this team won't win if the core players continue to absolutely suck. However, the bench could have been constructed much better, but Ozzie wanted a certain type of roster.

There would be zero issues with the bench being constructed as it is if the regulars were hitting. Especially with how Jones has started off to fill in the DH weakness.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 7, 2010 -> 07:58 PM)
So, you're saying that KW wanted to dump Beckham, Quentin, Ramirez, and Pierzynski, but Ozzie wouldn't let him?

guillen wants the pierre, vizquel, erstad type of hitters and guys that can play multiple positions based on his theory guys need at least 2 days off a week a theory that holds no water

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 02:01 AM)
There would be zero issues with the bench being constructed as it is if the regulars were hitting.

I totally disagree, Vizquel and Kotsay should have never be given Major League deals. I also have no idea why Castro was brought back after his terrible season with the Sox last season. With Ozzie's love affair with guys like Kotsay, we all knew he'd play him too much.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:01 PM)
guillen wants the pierre, vizquel, erstad type of hitters and guys that can play multiple positions based on his theory guys need at least 2 days off a week a theory that holds no water

Really...there's so many things wrong with this sentence I don't know where to start.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 7, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
I also have no idea why Castro was brought back after his terrible season with the Sox last season.

Because in his career he's been an excellent backup RH platoon style catcher, putting up nearly an .800 OPS in that role?

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 7, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
52 through 5, but he's down 2-0 (may as well be 10-0).

Yup...5th inning last night too.

It really doesn't matter. Can't win if you can't score...

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 8, 2010 -> 01:02 AM)
I'd like to highlight this entire season, then hit the DELETE button...

make it the last two seasons, last season was just as awful. At least we have 2 walkoff homers last season. Last year we had Beckham, this year we have Santos.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 8, 2010 -> 01:03 AM)
Because in his career he's been an excellent backup RH platoon style catcher, putting up nearly an .800 OPS in that role?

Who didn't hit or catch well here last season, and has also gained a ton of weight. I loved the acquisition when we got him last year, FWIW.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 7, 2010 -> 08:03 PM)
Liked DJ's line...."the Jays break the silence here at U.S. Cellular Field"

I think he meant to say dead-lock or offensive miasma or something like that.

I so hate DJ's play-by-play. He didn't make it sound like Bucks ball was hit well at all.

Score, we cannot.

The force is very strong with these Jays of the Tatooine System.

The White Sox couldn't even draw a crowd if they were the Opening Act in "School of Rock." In fact, I actually prefer the faux Winger/Whitesnake group over this White Sox line-up.

Quentin is alive and kicking. Sox pulse at 32 BPM but not quite yet flatlined.

Edited by caulfield12