Blue Jays @ White Sox - 1:05 CSN

I blame this early season struggle on Donny Lucy, who, by the way, is now 4/8 in Charlotte.

And even Brent Lillibridge (14 steals, mid 600's OPS) seems a better option at leadoff than Juan Pierre, sad to say.

Thought of the Day: I wonder when MLB auctions off the White Sox pink bats, how many of our players won't get any bids?

Great defense, as usual, from Carlos...at least Beckham backed him up and kept Bautista from getting to 3rd.

Edited by caulfield12

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:30 PM)
I blame this early season struggle on Donny Lucy, who, by the way, is now 4/8 in Charlotte.

And even Brent Lillibridge (14 steals, mid 600's OPS) seems a better option at leadoff than Juan Pierre, sad to say.

Can either of them replace Quentin and/or Beckham? They're the real issue right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2010 -> 12:32 PM)
1-0 on the flare....Quentin still yet to make a difficult play this season.

I know Dye gets hammered for his D...but he's made that catch quite a few times the last few years IMO. You're right though...I still have yet to see Q make an outstanding defensive play this year.

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:33 PM)
I know Dye gets hammered for his D...but he's made that catch quite a few times the last few years IMO. You're right though...I still have yet to see Q make an outstanding defensive play this year.

Dye was good going back on it. Ordonez was good coming in on it. Quentin is just bad at everything defensively.

Jordan Danks with a walk and now 7 stolen bases. Boy Scout Lillibridge with 14.

(I know, I know, this should be in the minor league thread....but it's too depressing to make comments on the "major league" offense).

Brandon Short struck out in his first attempt to extend the hit streak to 27.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
Very nice line drive by Quentin, he looks study with the pink bat. I bet we see Ramirez bunt here.

Passed ball and both runners advance!

Let's get that run back and some more.

Of course, Alexei.

LOL. Greg Walker should be promoted to Commander, Department of Homeland Security.

Setting up the Nix GIDP.

Just watch...or he will K, then Pierre will ground out weakly.

But I'll be optimistic and hope for the GS.

Edited by caulfield12