Blue Jays @ White Sox - 1:05 CSN

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 9, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
What was the bad luck? I was in the bathroom real quick.

The bad luck was Alexei at the plate there.

All kidding aside, Alexei is usually fantastic with the bases loaded, you can clearly see how much he's struggling at the plate.

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 9, 2010 -> 01:10 PM)

All kidding aside, Alexei is usually fantastic with the bases loaded, you can clearly see how much he's struggling at the plate.

ya know...Oz has no problem sitting Beckham for a few days. PLEASE, PLEASE sit him in favor of Nix for a few days this week!

QUOTE (fathom @ May 9, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)
Toronto fans have to be amazed they're winning this game right now.

A healthy offense would have 15+ runs these past two days.

Edited by Palehosefan

If we go on to lose this game...

I think this might be the FINAL turning point or transition into "rebuilding" and White Flagging it.

It has that feel to it. We're not going anywhere this season without Floyd, Beckham, Quentin and Ramirez. 3 of our 4 heroes from 2008 are goats. and our 2009 hero is in the same category. Hard or impossible to overcome that, no matter how good a GM you are.

QUOTE (Palehosefan @ May 9, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)

okay, a LOT of people would have done the exact same thing Alexei did on that pitch, I don't think that's as big a deal as the poor-approach DP's we've seen of late. That's getting beat, which is fine...a lot better than watching 3rd strike or overswinging, then popping up/grounding softly. That was an alright AB, with a bad result.

Besides, given our past results, we should be glad to score 1 run on bases loaded 0 out :lolhitting

QUOTE (Wanne @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:12 PM)
ya know...Oz has no problem sitting Beckham for a few days. PLEASE, PLEASE sit him in favor of Nix for a few days this week!

It would be Vizquel, as Ozzie's trying to get him more ABs.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 9, 2010 -> 07:13 PM)
If we go on to lose this game...

I think this might be the FINAL turning point or transition into "rebuilding" and White Flagging it.

It has that feel to it. We're not going anywhere this season without Floyd, Beckham, Quentin and Ramirez. 3 of our 4 heroes from 2008 are goats. and our 2009 hero is in the same category. Hard or impossible to overcome that, no matter how good a GM you are.

Wait until after the upcoming road trip. It's getting to the point where these players need to show up. If they don't, they have no one to blame but themselves. The greatest manager in the world couldn't have a team with so many players struggling in 1st place. Yes, there's a few games where I thought Ozzie could have put us in a better position to succeed. However, guys like Beckham/Pierre have been so worthless it's sad.

Edited by fathom