5/11 GT Sox (13-19) @ Min (21-11) - 7:10 WCIU/Mediacom in IA

knightni

• Replies 586
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I for one am glad Gordon is moving down (interesting it is at the 8th spot). I personally would have put Alexei 2nd (well... Rios was my first choice, but he is raking at the 5th spot so I understand it) only because he was actually pretty successful there last season, and this will perhaps give him more plate discipline (see more pitches) since he has all of a sudden swinging at everything like he used to his rookie year.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
I for one am glad Gordon is moving down (interesting it is at the 7th spot). I personally would have put Alexei 2nd (well... Rios was my first choice, but he is raking at the 5th spot so I understand it) only because he was actually pretty successful there last season, and this will perhaps give him more plate discipline (see more pitches) since he has all of a sudden swinging at everything like he used to his rookie year.

Beckham's hitting 8th.

Big game Freddy will come through once again tonight. I don't care if he's all smoke and mirrors but he'll get it done. I expect Gordon to have a nice game as well with a little less pressure on him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 11, 2010 -> 02:53 PM)
As we pointed out yesterday, D1 has actually had very limited success against the Twins, esp. against Mauer and Morneau. ERA over 5 against them career, similar numbers in 2009.

D1 shut them b**ches down in the Blackout game though :headbang

Edited by Chet Kincaid

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:40 PM)
lets take 2 and start to own this new field for the next several years!

I'm Bigsqwert and I approve this message.

Edited by BigSqwert

Cowley tweets...

Thome would not comment on the Sox slow start, but did say he was impressed with how the Twins go about their business.

Thome was asked what they do differently and joked, "I can't give away the secrets here." Sorry Sox fans, it stays a mystery.

Oz called Jenks' demotion from closer role "short term." Then said he could even use Jenks in the 9th tonight if its the right hitters.