Official 2010 World Cup Thread

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 08:21 AM)
Wow, Portugal taking it hard to North Korea, up 7-0. I hope Kim Jong Il takes it easy on these guys when they get home, some of them might end up missing after this result.

1) I guess the invisible phone wasnt working

2) On a more serious note: I wonder how this game was reported in NK. My guess is they won.

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 02:21 PM)
Wow, Portugal taking it hard to North Korea, up 7-0. I hope Kim Jong Il takes it easy on these guys when they get home, some of them might end up missing after this result.

Yeah the Shark Tank could be quite active pretty soon after this one.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
The ref has destroyed the Chile-Switzerland game.

On the whole, FIFA should really be ashamed of the performance from the referees so far.

Just stupid from Behrami (who plays for my club) though. No way should you raise your arms in that situation.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 09:53 AM)
Just stupid from Behrami (who plays for my club) though. No way should you raise your arms in that situation.

It was stupid because he gave the ref a chance to call that, but it wasn't a red. It will create good drama on the last day of group h though.

QUOTE (JPN366 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 03:49 PM)
Higuaín and Messi are a deadly duo, I don't think any other country has a better pair of strikers. I thought Spain was the deepest team, but they've been mediocre so far.

They looked fantastic today against Honduras. But they're going to be disappointed if Torres doesn't find that finishing touch. They had about 6 or 7 great scoring opportunities, and they missed a PK on top of it. Their defense was dominant and the midfield made a ton of great passes. And Fabregas didn't even play a half-hour.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
France already down 1-0.

I would really like RSA to somehow advance. They would need 3-4 goals to have a chance at that though.

Already up 2-0, & France is down to 10 men and seems to have given up. Uruguay just made it 1-0. Right now, RSA is only 2 down in the goal differential and is tied in goals scored. Anything can happen.

It'd be great to see an African country finally make into the round of 16, especially the host nation.

And my god, for all the talent the French have, they just suck.

Anelka, Evra, Ribery...what a waste.

Edited by chw42

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 22, 2010 -> 11:20 AM)
Eh it was a pretty 50-50 game b/w Uruguay and Mexico pre-match.

It was a tossup but the betting odds going in were funny. Mexico was like +275, Uruguay was like around +330 and the draw was -140.

So tomorrow's certainly going to be quite a big day.

The England and US games are on at 3PM here, so I'll be in a pub with a few mates which I'm sure will be absolute jampacked, and then I got invited to a private screening of the Australia vs. Serbia game at a Wine Bar with free drinks so it doesn't get much better than that.

England and US both to qualify, Australia to win and Ghana and Germany to both qualify.