Official 2010 World Cup Thread

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 04:03 PM)
Congrats to the US for getting to the round of 16. Too much effort put forward to get there.

Hopefully we move forward and get a quality international coach instead of taking MLS cup winners and promoting them.

Couldn't have said it better myself. Congrats USMNT. It was a fun ride, they neither over nor under acheived, had a chance to advance further, just didn't happen.

Yes, 100% agree that we need a coach from outside the US & MLS, show the players a new look and take a new step.

:usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa :usa

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
It was a nice ride, they didn't play a good game defensively, how many opportunities did Ghana have ? Two? They scored twice.

The US is terrible at finishing. Their forwards just aren't very good. They miss Davies. Findley can't finish to save his life and Jozy is still a work in progress.

God we had so many chances. Was Altidore hurt? Certainly looked like he wasn't full speed the whole game.

And the U.S. approach at the end was terrible. They were trying their luck far too much by just lobbing passes in and hoping something good happens. I guess that's what happens when you're tired.

Ricardo Clark should have never been on the f***ing field in the first place. He's always a red card waiting to happen. Stupid decision cost us having fresh legs in extra time with someone who could do something such as Jose Torres or Stu Holden. Overall, we can't play half a match and expect to win, and if American soccer is going to go anywhere we need to stop being satisfied just making it out of the group. Donovan's goal did change soccer for a lot of people in this country and i hope it pays off. IMO this team is only going to get stronger with more and more Americans playing overseas. It's time to take over this sport like we have with all the others.

With all that being said, go Germany and the Netherlands.

QUOTE (knightni @ Jun 26, 2010 -> 08:24 PM)
Thanks! :usa

The US is out of the World Cup so the offseason of hockey is now more important. You're not alone though.

As nice as it is to have everyone caring about soccer during the World Cup (especially this year), it's almost equally annoying when everyone has stupid comments like 'Now I can stop caring about soccer,' when the US goes out. Don't care about soccer, fine, but don't complain like you were forced to be enthralled by it when the US was playing exciting games.

Not specific to you, I was just ranting.