Official 2010 World Cup Thread

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:04 AM)
Yes it did, it came off his head and grazed off the top of his left hand.

Regardless, it was certainly not intentional, and as the announcer said, "one of the worst decisions I have ever seen."

I watched that play 3 or 4 time and the ball never changes direction at all so if it hit his hand it barely touched it if it touched at all. Either way the ref should be absolutely ashamed.

I wouldn't qualify it as one of the stupidest decisions ever. I think people are overreacting. Yes, it hit his hand, but no, it was not intentional. It didn't cost them a goal. Yes, Findley is now out of the next match, but people wanted Buddle to start over him anyway. Worst call ever? Ashamed? Hardly.

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:11 AM)
I wouldn't qualify it as one of the stupidest decisions ever. I think people are overreacting. Yes, it hit his hand, but no, it was not intentional. It didn't cost them a goal. Yes, Findley is now out of the next match, but people wanted Buddle to start over him anyway. Worst call ever? Ashamed? Hardly.

It very well could have cost them a goal considering they were in great position to score and he stopped it in the middle of play. And if it isn't intentional and you don't move your hand to the ball it doesn't even matter if it hits his hand, it isn't a foul.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 10:16 AM)
It very well could have cost them a goal considering they were in great position to score and he stopped it in the middle of play. And if it isn't intentional and you don't move your hand to the ball it doesn't even matter if it hits his hand, it isn't a foul.

The shot was on net either way, and it was cleared out by the Slovenian defender.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 04:07 PM)
I watched that play 3 or 4 time and the ball never changes direction at all so if it hit his hand it barely touched it if it touched at all. Either way the ref should be absolutely ashamed.

It doesn't really matter all that much to the ref if the ball doesn't change direction that much so long as he sees that it made contact with the hand.

Anywhere else on the field it's probably play on, but because it was in the attacking team's box he's probably more likely to give it, even if it wasn't deliberate.

I think most of the players had stopped anyways so it wasn't definite that the US would have scored there.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 08:04 AM)
Yes it did, it came off his head and grazed off the top of his left hand.

Regardless, it was certainly not intentional, and as the announcer said, "one of the worst decisions I have ever seen."

It certainly didn't appear to hit his hand from the replays I saw.