Official 2010 World Cup Thread

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:33 AM)
Really?

Brazil has some rough areas. Remember Andres Escobar?

I wouldn't say Colombia = Brazil. Brazil does have some terrible crime, but it's a far more advanced and civilized country as a whole.

QUOTE (ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 10:52 AM)
Even though the Dutch are ranked 4th in the world, this is still a fairly shocking result IMO.

I disagree. I think it's shocking the Dutch came from behind to win in regular time, but I don't think this Brazil team was that good. Offensively, their roster was unimpressive by Brazilian standards. They were just one of the powers to me and not the top team.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 05:02 PM)
I disagree. I think it's shocking the Dutch came from behind to win in regular time, but I don't think this Brazil team was that good. Offensively, their roster was unimpressive by Brazilian standards. They were just one of the powers to me and not the top team.

Obviously a lot of that is due to the system Dunga played, 4-2-2-2 with 2 holding midfielders, so it's pretty defensive.

And they were meant to be much better defensively and at set pieces and it was their downfall today.

Certainly didn't like the way their players were carrying on in the 2nd half also.

As for Melo, he plays for Juventus in Serie A, so I don't know if his family already live in Turin instead of Brazil.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)
As for Melo, he plays for Juventus in Serie A, so I don't know if his family already live in Turin instead of Brazil.

The curse of Juve! Ask the Italians how stacking their roster with Juve players worked out. :angry:

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:02 AM)

Ya, people saying this was some sort of immense upset are silly. This is really a World Cup of no clear-cut favorites but right now, you've gotta think Spain or Argentina are.

QUOTE (bmags @ Jul 2, 2010 -> 11:34 AM)
Um, he could get killed. Depends on how much money the cartels had on the game. But he's just at likely to get killed by a random bum. He probably won't die unless argentina advances.

He plays for an Italian series A club, it's not like he's piss poor and a nobody.