Official 2010 World Cup Thread

• Replies 848
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Buddle looked very good while Findley came back to reality. Dont know why the Dempsey goal was taken away but Findley should have finished that ball prior. Findley really blew two easy chances. We should have scored atleast 4 goals today.

Only just saw the last 2 mins of the match. Pretty much showed that if we leak more than 1 goal, we're screwed.

Very good result for the US though, and it'll give them a lot of confidence ahead of the England match.

Serbia up 4-2 on Cameroon at half. Interesting match to say the least. Attack looks great, defense was shaky in the beginning, giving up 2 early header goals but they settled down nicely without Vidic. Serbia ends up wining 4-3.

Also looks like Arjen Robben might have gotten hurt in their 6-1 friendly win today. Said he felt a sharp pain in his left hamstring.

QUOTE (zenryan @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 09:34 AM)
Buddle looked very good while Findley came back to reality. Dont know why the Dempsey goal was taken away but Findley should have finished that ball prior. Findley really blew two easy chances. We should have scored atleast 4 goals today.

Findley was good at positioning himself and setting up others, but his finishing was dreadful. Missed 2 sitters. Gomez screwed up a 2 on 0. They really should have scored more. 1st half was spectacular for the US, but they were only up a goal. 2nd half was Australia on the attack with US countering and they won that half by a goal. Weird game sometimes, but overall a very good performance.

QUOTE (danman31 @ Jun 5, 2010 -> 04:02 PM)
Findley was good at positioning himself and setting up others, but his finishing was dreadful. Missed 2 sitters. Gomez screwed up a 2 on 0. They really should have scored more. 1st half was spectacular for the US, but they were only up a goal. 2nd half was Australia on the attack with US countering and they won that half by a goal. Weird game sometimes, but overall a very good performance.

I wouldn't say Gomez screwed it up, that pitch was s***.

QUOTE (Nokona @ Jun 6, 2010 -> 02:13 AM)
Gomez has scored twice in 20 minutes.

God damnit Bob get him out there.

I think Herc's role is perfect as it is right now. Perfect sub to come in around the 70 minute mark if the score is tied or we're down by a goal.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
It all starts tomorrow, not sure if I should watch the opening game or be at the Hawks parade, then you have Sox - Cubs. What a day tomorrow is going to be.

Any predictions on tomorrow?

South Africa - Mexico

Uruguay - France

I'm saying both games in 1-1 draws.

So excited tomorrow. I got to run and replace the brand new tire I bought last weekend for my car by 730 so I can be home in time for the WC opener. Then the other game along with Super Regionals starting. Then the Miami game at 7. Then if there is time, catch the Sox-Cubs highlights on MLB Network.

I hope to gain 5 pounds this weekend with all the sports on tv.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jun 10, 2010 -> 03:08 PM)
It all starts tomorrow, not sure if I should watch the opening game or be at the Hawks parade, then you have Sox - Cubs. What a day tomorrow is going to be.

Any predictions on tomorrow?

South Africa - Mexico

Uruguay - France

I think Uruguay is going to expose France tomorrow.

Also think Mexico will squeak past a very spirited South Africa team

2-1 Uruguay

1-0 Mexico

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 06:14 AM)
I think overall its hard to bet against Spain or Brazil. Argentina. Dutch also have good squads.

If I was betting Id go with Brazil, Spain always seems to fail.

As for tomorrow, France 2-0, Mexico 2-1

The Dutch are the wild cards for mine.

If Van Persie gets back to his early season form for Arsenal and Robben is 100% healthy, I could easily see them win it all.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jun 11, 2010 -> 08:59 AM)
The Dutch are the wild cards for mine.

If Van Persie gets back to his early season form for Arsenal and Robben is 100% healthy, I could easily see them win it all.

Ya but ESPN put it brilliantly; the Dutch are the Buffalo Bills of International soccer. They will never win anything.