Sox sign Jerry Krause

jasonxctf

I think he had been rumored to be brought into the organization and we knew it would be in an international scouting capacity. However, I think this is the official annoucement and it appears that he is being brought in as much more than a consultant.

Sleuth should be a pretty good hire for this and given his relationship with Jerry I would think he'd be capable of getting Jerry and ownership to deep further into there pockets when it comes to investing in the international front, something the White Sox have severely missed out on over the past 5-10 years.

Basically put, Carlos Lee & Magglio were the lone successes (albeit good ones). And than you have the recent cuban influction. Outside of that we have had very very few quality prospects to rise through the system which we acquired on an international standpoint.

Then you have the Gomes/Coelho/Silverio (or is it Coehlo and I'm confusing him with the author) disasters (w/ Wilder), the complete debacle in the Dominican (Jesus Pena anyone?)

How the f--- can we have Ozzie Guillen and Omar Vizquel in our organization and the only result we have to show for that is Cleveland Santeliz???

Takatsu and Iguchi?

I think we acquired a Korean from the Red Sox, Onan Masaoka, and then Pu Yin whatever from Taiwan or Korea that we gave a pretty significant sum of signing bonus money to and he never came close to denting BIRM or CHARLOTTE, think he went down with injuries and never got his stuff over 90 MPH if I remember correctly.

• 2 weeks later...
QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ May 11, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
Sleuth should be a pretty good hire for this and given his relationship with Jerry I would think he'd be capable of getting Jerry and ownership to deep further into there pockets when it comes to investing in the international front, something the White Sox have severely missed out on over the past 5-10 years.

Basically put, Carlos Lee & Magglio were the lone successes (albeit good ones). And than you have the recent cuban influction. Outside of that we have had very very few quality prospects to rise through the system which we acquired on an international standpoint.

Great point but I think JR probably had that in mind when he brought him aboard he assumed he would be spending more money in that area.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2010 -> 08:29 AM)
this kind of unbridled enthusiasm and in depth analysis is why Soxtalk is #1

Krause's superb ability to mesh with players and other management is why the Bulls did so well post-1998 until recently, And why we were able to get rid of scrubs like Jordan, Pippen, Rodzilla, etc. Hopefully he resumes his 90's lifestyle, begins to once again resemble the Michellin man, and retires.

Reinsdorf and his nepotistic ways. :huh

QUOTE (southsidetony @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:02 AM)
Krause's superb ability to mesh with players and other management is why the Bulls did so well post-1998 until recently, And why we were able to get rid of scrubs like Jordan, Pippen, Rodzilla, etc. Hopefully he resumes his 90's lifestyle, begins to once again resemble the Michellin man, and retires.

Reinsdorf and his nepotistic ways. :huh

Except that Krause's history as a baseball scout pre-dates his history as an NBA GM, and he is been pretty successful in both sports, despite the fact that he "resembles the michellin man"(which has nothing to do with his ability to do the job). Last I checked he wasnt going to become the GM, correct? Only director of intl scouting? Im sure Reinsdorf is worried about his ability to mesh with players and management

The guy only has 36 years of experience as an MLB scout, so he must be bad because he is fat, right?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...cout-11.article

Krause has worked as a scout with the Cleveland Indians, Oakland A’s, Seattle Mariners and the White Sox and also with the Yankees and Mets following his retirement from the Chicago Bulls. He played major roles in the White Sox acquisitions of Ozzie Guillen, Julio Cruz, Ed Farmer, Greg Luzinski, Tom Seaver, Greg Walker and Williams.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2010 -> 09:09 AM)
Except that Krause's history as a baseball scout pre-dates his history as an NBA GM, and he is been pretty successful in both sports, despite the fact that he "resembles the michellin man"(which has nothing to do with his ability to do the job). Last I checked he wasnt going to become the GM, correct? Only director of intl scouting? Im sure Reinsdorf is worried about his ability to mesh with players and management

The guy only has 36 years of experience as an MLB scout, so he must be bad because he is fat, right?

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/baseball/wh...cout-11.article

Did I say his weight has anything to do with his talent? No. Weight was part of the reason he retired from the Bulls... hence why I want that to happen again. Did he build a great team around Michael? Of course, but I think any chimp working in the front office at that time could have built a decent team around the GOAT. And you can build a dynasty, sure... it's easy when you have MJ. I'm not denying he did a good job with surrounding Michael, I'm saying he wrecked the Franchise in his final years like it was the Edmund Fitzgerald. That has nothing to do with his ability to scout, but everything to do with him as a human being and as member of an "organization" that prides itself on family (Ozzie, KW, et al). I'm not a fan of the guy, nor am I a fan of Reinsdorf.

Apologize for the Jerry's elsewhere.

Edited by southsidetony

QUOTE (southsidetony @ May 20, 2010 -> 10:51 AM)
Did I say his weight has anything to do with his talent? No. Weight was part of the reason he retired form the Bulls... hence why I want that to happen again. Did he build a great team around Michael? Of course, but I think any chimp working in the front office at that time could have build a decent team around the GOAT. And you can build a dynasty, sure... it's easy when you have MJ. But I'm not denying he did a good job with surrounding Michael, I'm saying he wrecked the Franchise in his final years like it was the Edmund Fitzgerald. That has nothing to do with his ability to scout, but everything to do with him as a human being and as member of an "organization" that prides itself on family (Ozzie, KW, et al). I'm not a fan of the guy, nor am I a fan of Reinsdorf.

Apologize for the Jerry's elsewhere.

end of discussion. We arent asking him to be a GM, we are asking him to be a scout, which he has excelled at. The end of his NBA tenure really has nothing to do with this at all.

QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ May 20, 2010 -> 11:14 AM)
end of discussion. We arent asking him to be a GM, we are asking him to be a scout, which he has excelled at. The end of his NBA tenure really has nothing to do with this at all.

Thus far. But I'm done, given you inability to tolerate sarcasm on any level.