5/11 games

bighurt4life

Brandon Short 3-3 again today with a SB. Short is on fire, but Greene really needs to be in Birmingham.

Short now 4-4. My goodness.

FutureSox needs to talk with him and find out if something clicked for him, or it's a new hitting approach, or just ridiculously on fire. :-)

Edited by Palehosefan

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 11, 2010 -> 11:13 PM)
Eduardo Escobar quietly has put up a great month of May that is being overshadowed by Short's unconscious hitting.

Yeah, but Escobar still isn't walking much and the early power hasn't lasted. I still like the idea of an above average SS in the system though. I'm curious what the h/a splits are for that team. They have a lot of guys killing the ball. Escobar is actually hitting better away from home by quite a bit. I'm glad to see we can't blame the park for his improvement this year.

Short and Greene both seem like they should be in B-Ham, and I agree that Short is a great interview candidate for FS. We'll look into that.

W-S seems to be going closer-by-committee, which works well when you have leads in every friggin game. Infante, Remenowsky and Bellamy sharing dutues.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 11, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
That's got to be Marquez's best game in the Sox org. Good for him.

This Brandon Short, wow. 4-5. Hitting .393.

7IP 0R 4H 0BB 6K

That's nice. It would be really nice to get one player out of the Swisher deal, especially a starting pitcher.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:12 AM)
7IP 0R 4H 0BB 6K

That's nice. It would be really nice to get one player out of the Swisher deal, especially a starting pitcher.

His GO/AO rate has shot up quite a bit in his last few starts as well.