5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN

knightni

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:00 PM)
Great...then we'll just play Jones mooooo...oh, yeah, right.

No offense, but are you being intentionally hard-headed here, Balta? No one’s arguing that Kotsay’s AB’s need to go to guy like Lillibridge; they just need to go to other people then Mark Kotsay. Preferably, to guys younger than him.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:00 PM)
Great...then we'll just play Jones mooooo...oh, yeah, right.

So you're advocating keeping Kotsay on the roster? There's 20 players in AAA that bat lefty and could be had for nothing that could hit better than .136 in the majors. I'll give Kotsay credit, at least his home runs have been meaningful.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
No offense, but are you being intentionally hard-headed here, Balta? No one’s arguing that Kotsay’s AB’s need to go to guy like Lillibridge; they just need to go to other people then Mark Kotsay. Preferably, to guys younger than him.

WHO?????

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:06 PM)
So you're advocating keeping Kotsay on the roster? There's 20 players in AAA that bat lefty and could be had for nothing that could hit better than .136 in the majors. I'll give Kotsay credit, at least his home runs have been meaningful.

Do you really think Kotsay will hit .135 all season if he continues getting at bats?

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:08 PM)
Do you really think Kotsay will hit .135 all season if he continues getting at bats?

I don't think he'll hit over .225. He's an aging player with a bad back and decreased bat speed. He's also trying to hit a home run ever at bat instead of hitting line drives.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:07 PM)
WHO?????

Jayson Nix, Jordan Danks, Tyler Flowers, C.J. Retherford, Josh Kroeger, and anyone else you want to throw in there. Freeing up Kotsay's roster spot will allow us to give at-bats to one of the younger kids. Bat's that should me made easier to come by, especially when we're no longer in contention.