5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN

knightni

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
I don't think he'll hit over .225. He's an aging player with a bad back and decreased bat speed. He's also trying to hit a home run ever at bat instead of hitting line drives.

And you'd complain about your backup 1b hitting the occasional HR and hitting .225?

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
Jayson Nix, Jordan Danks, Tyler Flowers, C.J. Retherford, Josh Kroeger, and anyone else you want to throw in there. Freeing up Kotsay's roster spot will allow us to give at-bats to one of the younger kids. Bat's that should me made easier to come by, especially when we're no longer in contention.

Jordan Danks? lol. I guess it would be kinda cool to see somebody make Chris Davis look like Ichiro.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:09 PM)
I don't think he'll hit over .225. He's an aging player with a bad back and decreased bat speed. He's also trying to hit a home run ever at bat instead of hitting line drives.

But he'll have to hit .300 for a time to get to .225. :P

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Danks was all over the place and still held this team to 3 runs. The guy is just a stud.

come on white sox, wake the f*** up and reward him!!!!

A park that plays like a canyon helped, too. But yeah I agree.

Get at least ONE run here, manufactured style.

The real question is WHY aren't the Sox hitting????? Is it Walker? Is there too much pressure on the guys (like Beckham)? (I know he should be able to handle it). I think for A.J. he just needs to be more patient at the plate. Any thoughts?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:10 PM)
Jayson Nix, Jordan Danks, Tyler Flowers, C.J. Retherford, Josh Kroeger, and anyone else you want to throw in there. Freeing up Kotsay's roster spot will allow us to give at-bats to one of the younger kids. Bat's that should me made easier to come by, especially when we're no longer in contention.

Really?

Nix has a lower OPS against righties career than Kotsay has against them this season.

You want D2 getting 8 at bats a week? That'll be a great way for him to cut down on the strikeouts.

Ditto Flowers.

Retherford, on top of the same objection, is also hitting like crap (.212 average).

Kroeger is hitting .193 in Charlotte. Now THAT'S what I call an upgrade over Kotsay!!!!

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:11 PM)
Jordan Danks? lol. I guess it would be kinda cool to see somebody make Chris Davis look like Ichiro.

I was just throwing him into a list of names that could probably benefit this team in the long-term more then Kotsay. I'm inclined to agree with you that K-rate suggests certain doom, and that he'll be lucky to have a cup of tea in September if he doesn't get that baby below 30%.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:10 PM)
Danks was all over the place and still held this team to 3 runs. The guy is just a stud.

come on white sox, wake the f*** up and reward him!!!!

He's been all over the place for about 4 games now though...when is he going to be "not" all over the place?

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:11 PM)

Jordan didn't hit well 2 games ago....but he's like a gazelle in the outfield. You won't have to watch a heavy footed OFer when he's in the game.

QUOTE (iamshack @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:14 PM)
He's been all over the place for about 4 games now though...when is he going to be "not" all over the place?

When he's Johan-esque. The fact he's avoided the terrible games when his stuff hasn't been sharp is very promising.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:13 PM)
Ditto Flowers.

Please. If Flowers was promoted right now, I would love the move unless we were still in contention. Dude can also draw walks probably 4th best on this team right now. (hell he drew 3 last year in like 12 ABs)

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
Please. If Flowers was promoted right now, I would love the move unless we were still in contention. Dude can also draw walks probably 4th best on this team right now. (hell he drew 3 last year in like 12 ABs)

That'd be great, considering he'd be lucky to get 12 ab's every 2 weeks.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
When he's Johan-esque. The fact he's avoided the terrible games when his stuff hasn't been sharp is very promising.

My point is if his stuff isn't sharp 80% of the time, then that's a problem.