5/12 GT - Sox (14-19) @ Min (21-12) - 12:10p CSN

knightni

• Replies 517
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:36 PM)
4 guys under .200 after the end of today. Can't win if you don't score in more than one inning most games. Danks continues to keep us in games, but we have no chance of making up ground until the offense starts resembling even that of a minor league team.

We need at least one new bat

QUOTE (zenryan @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
only scored in 2 of the 18 innings vs the Twins.

It doesnt even bother me anymore.

It shouldn't. This offense is simply not going to take off until CQ, Beckham get going. There's really nothing that can be done. Ozzie can move guys all over the place. Guys need to hit.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
Maybe Greg Walker needs to be more of an ---hole.

If one were to fire a hitting coach on a hypothetical team, what would be the circumstance where you'd have to do so?

It's amazing how much Carlos Quentin sucks.

I think Soxtalk needs a new banner. Reasons for this as follows:

1. Carlos Quentin sucks

2. Mark Buehrle has stunk since his perfect game.

3. Alexei Ramirez sucks, and that image is reversed giving him a left-handed hitter's helmet.

I propose:

Danks, Rios, Thornton

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:37 PM)
We need at least one new bat

Our guys need to sleep correctly. We just can't have guys like Konerko and Jones being scratched...line-up isn't good enough.

Isn't it just our luck this year? Freakin' Kotsay or Vizquel can't ever wake up with a neck strain? Konerko and Jones...two of the three guys that we can't lose....AND Alex missed time due to the birth of his child. Really the only three regulars that have missed any games due to injury this year.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:37 PM)
This really made no sense.

Jason Tyner.

Matt Le Croy.

Denny Hocking.

Mike Redmond.

Henry Blanco.

Punto.

Bartlett.

Lew Ford.

Rauch.

Guerrier.

Neshek.

By the way, TMK is a great hitter just hitting in really bad luck.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:39 PM)
Speak for yourself. I haven't stopped caring.

The frusrating thing is that the two players who I most want to excel are Beckham and Quentin for the sake of the future of this organization. If they were playing well and the team was still tanking, it would be a lot more enjoyable than losing with them looking like Little Leaguers.

Hitters 5-7 were 0-11 and the White Sox had 7 baserunners....all you need to know. If the offensive philisophy is not addressed this team will continue to be an absolute drag to watch.

Other teams do not seem to roll over and die like the Sox do during games where 8-10-12 men are retired in a row?

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
It's amazing how much Carlos Quentin sucks.

Like I said earlier. Everyone is talking about Beckham (on this site with the threads and in the media) but Quentin has looked much worse than he has.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:40 PM)
Our guys need to sleep correctly. We just can't have guys like Konerko and Jones being scratched...line-up isn't good enough.

Isn't it just our luck this year? Freakin' Kotsay or Vizquel can't ever wake up with a neck strain? Konerko and Jones...two of the three guys that we can't lose....AND Alex missed time due to the birth of his child. Really the only three regulars that have missed any games due to injury this year.

Haha, I said a few weeks ago that watch it be one of our few good players be the person that gets put on the DL first. No way it would be Kotsay or Vizquel.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Jason Tyner.

Matt Le Croy.

Denny Hocking.

Mike Redmond.

Henry Blanco.

Punto.

Bartlett.

Lew Ford.

Rauch.

Guerrier.

Neshek.

By the way, TMK is a great hitter just hitting in really bad luck.

Thunder said the closer position was overrated. Not every position on the field.

If the Twins get a 3B by the deadline (maybe another arm in the bullpen though Rauch is shutting me up about the closer role) than the Twins should be in real good shape to take the division. Nick Punto is not going to cut it come playoff time.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:40 PM)
Alex Rios is just a joy to watch out there. Still laugh when I see the threads last year calling him a waste/KW's worst move ever, etc..

No joke. I kept saying that all you had to do was look at the rest of his career to know that last year was the fluke.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 12, 2010 -> 01:39 PM)
Speak for yourself. I haven't stopped caring.

Fine, whatever. We can go back to sniping at each other if that makes you feel better.

I won't stop following. But believing we have much of a chance, it's getting later and later.

Do you want to make a bet on whether we make the playoffs or not?

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
If the Twins get a 3B by the deadline (maybe another arm in the bullpen though Rauch is shutting me up about the closer role) than the Twins should be in real good shape to take the division. Nick Punto is not going to cut it come playoff time.

Rauch doesn't impress me one bit. I don't expect him to keep this up.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:43 PM)

They aren't already? Of course, if the Tigers 1-2-3-4 in the batting order continues to resemble the American Dreams from Baseball Stars on Nintendo, then they might have a battle.