Things may tighten up over the next few weeks

hawksox13

Friday. Kansas City, Missouri. The fuse will be lit. It will most definitely be lit. I have a feeling that Alexi Ramirez is about to go on a tear and realize his full potential. He's always gotten off to a slow start, it's the end of the first week of May, it's his time. I also think that Gordon Beckham is going to relax, see the ball and hit the ball and find his stroke to all fields that made him so lethal. And Carlos Quentin will be watching Cinemax at 2am tonight and realize he's just trying too hard, say f*** it, and turn things around.

I'm serious and not just being wishful. I truly believe this team is about to go on a serious gut-check, take-no-prisoners stretch that will catapult them into the top of this division before the break in July.

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 12, 2010 -> 08:41 PM)
Friday. Kansas City, Missouri. The fuse will be lit. It will most definitely be lit. I have a feeling that Alexi Ramirez is about to go on a tear and realize his full potential. He's always gotten off to a slow start, it's the end of the first week of May, it's his time. I also think that Gordon Beckham is going to relax, see the ball and hit the ball and find his stroke to all fields that made him so lethal. And Carlos Quentin will be watching Cinemax at 2am tonight and realize he's just trying too hard, say f*** it, and turn things around.

I'm serious and not just being wishful. I truly believe this team is about to go on a serious gut-check, take-no-prisoners stretch that will catapult them into the top of this division before the break in July.

You've just about pumped me up enough to make a roadtrip to KC this weekend. Hopefully we can finally figure out Hochever this weekend.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:29 PM)
You've just about pumped me up enough to make a roadtrip to KC this weekend. Hopefully we can finally figure out Hochever this weekend.

I predict he'll contract a case of rickets over the weekend and will have to be skipped over.

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 12, 2010 -> 10:34 AM)
Until you stop going 1-5 against teams like Cleveland then there's no reason to score board watch right now.

I agree.

Obviously I root for Minnesota and Detroit to lose every day but right now it's the middle of May and we can't even win back to back games. At this point it's about the Sox winning and if they do so regularly enough then I'll focus more on what the other teams in our division are doing day to day. Because if the Sox don't start winning, what Minny and Detroit do is irrelevant.