5/12 Games

scenario

Morel 1/4 with an RBI, #19. 800 OPS.

Nunez really pitched very well, one of his best, if not THE best start with us.

And Salvador Sanchez has come back down to earth. Just can't seem to find much to get excited about with this team.

Shelby's now down to .244 and fading a bit.

T. Thompson in that game piled up 5 RBI's, now at 16 on the season.

My boy Dayan Viciedo (280/OPS aound 800) with his 7th homer, the power numbers are starting to look encouraging...his prospect "luster" is coming back again.

RBI'S, Flowers (26), Viciedo 3 (15), Retherford (10).

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 12, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
Someone in the catch all said if Short hits .400, they could care less about how much he walks.

I agree.

Well if you are hitting at such a high avg. he isnt getting much chance to walk. How much is he striking out?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 12, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Morel 1/4 with an RBI, #19. 800 OPS.

Nunez really pitched very well, one of his best, if not THE best start with us.

And Salvador Sanchez has come back down to earth. Just can't seem to find much to get excited about with this team.

Shelby's now down to .244 and fading a bit.

Nice back to back days for the Swisher prospects.

QUOTE (GoodAsGould @ May 12, 2010 -> 07:38 PM)
Well if you are hitting at such a high avg. he isnt getting much chance to walk. How much is he striking out?

26K but over 150 ab's so his k rate is about 17% which isn't bad at all, still like to see more bb's though.

QUOTE (Cali @ May 12, 2010 -> 11:39 PM)
Before we get too excited about Short, lets all remember Jeremy Reed his .400 too, and he could take a walk....

Jeremy Reed was and still is sexy.

My W-S team killin it this year, Just as I predicted. :)

Greene and Short both have OPS's over 1. Short's .400+ AVG is amazing at this point, and Greene's OBP is an absurd .452. And from what I can tell, both can play some D.

Greene is old for his level and needs to be in AA, Short needs to improve his batting eye a bit and draw some walks. But I'm still pretty psyched for both of them, neither of which I gave a lot of thought to coming into the season.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 13, 2010 -> 07:13 AM)
Greene and Short... I'm still pretty psyched for both of them, neither of which I gave a lot of thought to coming into the season.

That's the beauty of it... one of the things I love most about minor league baseball... the guys who step up and surprise everybody.

The odds of players making the majors are still pretty low, but it's great to see guys (especially late round draft picks) put themselves on the radar screen via great performance.