Quentin.

Greg Hibbard

QUOTE (fathom @ May 13, 2010 -> 10:38 AM)
With Sox prospects, you honestly never know. That's why I keep saying we need to get rid of Walker so that hopefully we can find someone who helps our young players make the adjustments necessary to succeed after the rest of baseball adjusts to them. I never thought Carlos Quentin would flop as much as he has since his magical season 2 years ago either, but right now, I'd rather have Chris Carter than him.

Remove the word "Sox" from your first sentence - this is the nature of all prospects.

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

From TCQ to CQ to just plain Quentin. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I refuse to think that his 2008 season was an anomaly. Clearly its the injuries and the fact he is still recovering from them. Yes, injuries are part of the game too but he definitely needs a pass here...

QUOTE (heirdog @ May 13, 2010 -> 12:59 PM)
From TCQ to CQ to just plain Quentin. Oh how the mighty have fallen. I refuse to think that his 2008 season was an anomaly. Clearly its the injuries and the fact he is still recovering from them. Yes, injuries are part of the game too but he definitely needs a pass here...

Not if he's going to keep getting injured, as he seems to do regularly. I could throw a Lemonhead at him and shatter his clavicle.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:05 PM)
I would feel much better if it came out that he is in fact injured and he doesn't just suck...

I honestly don't think its either, I think its very much mental. Might help him if he just decided, for a few games, to forget all the tweaking that he or Walker are doing, forget the expectations, just go up there and do what he does naturally. Easier said than done of course, but I think that's what ultimately gets him out of this.

QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ May 13, 2010 -> 03:34 PM)
I honestly don't think its either, I think its very much mental. Might help him if he just decided, for a few games, to forget all the tweaking that he or Walker are doing, forget the expectations, just go up there and do what he does naturally. Easier said than done of course, but I think that's what ultimately gets him out of this.

very much so. he just seems wound too tight...

Which is why ARIZ was willing to part with him for Carter, despite his sterling minor league numbers....that and the injury-bug reputation.

Well, I'm still not quite ready to go to Fathom's declaration that I'd rather have C. Carter back (instead of Quentin), but the pendulum is definitely swinging. Certainly, we owe the 2008 ALCD at least 20-25% to Quentin's monster year.

C. Carter would/could/might be ONE big piece of the puzzle, but unless he's going to put up a 900+ OPS right out of the gate, I wouldn't expect that his presence on the current roster would have made any difference at all, unless he could have played 3B or magically morphed into a LHB who could take plate appearances away from TMK.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 13, 2010 -> 05:49 PM)
Which is why ARIZ was willing to part with him for Carter, despite his sterling minor league numbers....that and the injury-bug reputation.

Well, I'm still not quite ready to go to Fathom's declaration that I'd rather have C. Carter back (instead of Quentin), but the pendulum is definitely swinging. Certainly, we owe the 2008 ALCD at least 20-25% to Quentin's monster year.

C. Carter would/could/might be ONE big piece of the puzzle, but unless he's going to put up a 900+ OPS right out of the gate, I wouldn't expect that his presence on the current roster would have made any difference at all, unless he could have played 3B or magically morphed into a LHB who could take plate appearances away from TMK.

You mean the same AZ that thought it was a good idea to give Eric Byrnes $30 million?

I'm convinced Quentin's problems are all metnal. He just needs to stop thinking and start hitting. Go with the pitch and stop swinging for the fences. If TCQ could grow up (mentally) and not be so weirdly intense, he can be an MVP.

This is going to be the difference between him making $12MM per year or being a journeymen that some team with no payroll and no pressure signs in hopes he can live up to the talent.

Bob