5/13 Games

scenario

Daniel Hudson so far....

5 IP, 2 H's, 0 R, 6 K's.

Back on track, 100%. Down to a 4.98 ERA and sinking like TMK's batting average.

Nevin Griffith looking very good so far tonight as well.

BTW, why can't the major league team sport a line-up like this, pretty amazing...

Short RF 2 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .405

Escobar SS 3 0 1 0 0 0 1 0 2 .277

Gilmore DH 3 1 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 .345

Loman 1B 1 0 0 0 0 0 0 2 1 .276

Lewis LF 3 0 2 0 0 0 2 0 0 .362

Sierra 3B 2 1 0 0 0 0 0 1 0 .316

Bour C 2 1 1 0 1 0 1 0 0 .333

Garcia, An 2B 2 1 2 1 0 0 1 0 0 .323

Greene CF 2 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 1 .346

Griffith P 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 0 .000

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Ozzie Ball @ May 13, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
Last 3 starts:

22 IP, 10 H, 0.82 ERA, 0.50 WHIP, 1 BB/ 35 SO

Yeah. He's too good for Low-A.

He'll be promoted soon. 3 straight 10+ K games down there.

Matt Hobgood pitched for the O's against Kanny (5th player taken overall in the country)

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 14, 2010 -> 01:27 PM)
Would be amazing if he could develop a better eye. 3 walks in 34 games won't cut it.

I am no expert on K-rates, but his doesn't seem that bad to me. I mean, it's obviously high, but nothing like Josh Fields was, yes?

Short's K-rate is perfectly fine. Anytime you have more RBI's than strikeouts, you can't complain. I would like to see more walks and steals from Short, but I can't complain too much. He was my second favorite OF prospect in our system coming into this year, but Thompson's earlier fast start made me re-think myself.

QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 14, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
He needs to be promoted real soon. He is too old for Low-A. Hopefully the org can push him to AA by seasons end and he can become a decent prospect for us at 24 years old.

I'd push Doyle straight to Double-A and leave the Dash rotation intact.

They also moved Zachary Kayne up to W-S, but now they have 26 active players, so someone will be cut, demoted or promoted. Andre Rienzo was added to Kannapolis, but Ryan Buch has mysteriously disappeared from the roster. Johnnie Lowe came out of the game Saturday night with a groin injury, so perhaps he's hitting the DL and a starter (Justin Edwards maybe) is getting moved up to B'ham.

QUOTE (danman31 @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:18 PM)
Odd. Edwards was the pitcher moved to Birmingham.

Must mean Lowe is headed to the DL with that groin injury, it did look bad. Lowe and Edwards were starting on the same day, so it makes sense. Edwards did deserve the promotion. Kanny still has an open roster spot.

Edited by JPN366

QUOTE (JPN366 @ May 17, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
Must mean Lowe is headed to the DL with that groin injury, it did look bad. Lowe and Edwards were starting on the same day, so it makes sense. Edwards did deserve the promotion. Kanny still has an open roster spot.

I noticed the Barons are still one over their roster limit with 13 active pitchers. That would make the most sense. Where did you hear about Buch? I see he's not listed on the Kanny roster, but that doesn't mean he went to extended ST. He was doing decent enough to stay with Kanny.