GT: White Sox @ Royals, 7:10PM, CSN, WSCR670

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 02:31 PM)
I wonder what the stat is on a team's record the first series with a new manager hired in season.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Royals kick butt. Who cares, though. Talk is cheap. Play ball.

Yeah, I was wondering if the Royals would go on a mini-tear.

QUOTE (Chet Kincaid @ May 14, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
You're kidding, right?

Wouldn't that be amazing, though?

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wonder what the stat is on a team's record the first series with a new manager hired in season.

It wouldn't surprise me to see the Royals kick butt. Who cares, though. Talk is cheap. Play ball.

I thought the same thing. Sometimes there is a "honeymoon" period with a new coach where the team actually performs better for a while...hopefully this is not the case in this instance.

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 14, 2010 -> 02:56 PM)
I thought the same thing. Sometimes there is a "honeymoon" period with a new coach where the team actually performs better for a while...hopefully this is not the case in this instance.

Hopefully the only honeymooning going on in KC is Yost and the team having a nice romantic dinner after they get swept this weekend.

Edited by BigSqwert

Well, if there is a history of teams playing well after a coach is replaced, the point is moot for this KC team. They ruined the potential mojo by allowing Hillman to coach a game after he was fired.

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:16 PM)
Vizquel at DH tonight.

Pierre lf, AJ c, Rios cf, Konerko 1b, Kotsay rf, Ramirez ss, Teahen 3b, Beckham 2b, Vizquel dh, Buehrle p.

What an awful lineup. Ugh

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 14, 2010 -> 02:16 PM)
Vizquel at DH tonight.

Pierre lf, AJ c, Rios cf, Konerko 1b, Kotsay rf, Ramirez ss, Teahen 3b, Beckham 2b, Vizquel dh, Buehrle p.

Wow.. the first time that has happened this season, and that is one time too many. Ozzie is an idiot. Jesus, he couldn't just put Teahen, or Alexei at DH and have Vizquel's defense out there? My god.

He really should get ripped to shreds by everyone, including the media, on that move.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:33 AM)
Unless Meche comes out of the closet and shows Yost how happy he is that he is now the maanger. Buerhle needs to be pitching like game one of the season especially with our inconsistent offense

HAHA! What!?!

QUOTE (jeffro2525 @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
Jayson Nix gets on base four times Sunday...hasn't played since. Vizquel our DH tonight. Unbelievable.

Might as well skip the DH and let Mark bat. It really can't be any worse than what Omar will give you.

QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:22 PM)
Ain't that the truth. Mark might have to pitch a shutout, even with Meche on the mound for them.

Just imagine the pressure that puts on Mark before the game starts after he sees that lineup.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:18 PM)
Wow.. the first time that has happened this season, and that is one time too many. Ozzie is an idiot. Jesus, he couldn't just put Teahen, or Alexei at DH and have Vizquel's defense out there? My god.

He really should get ripped to shreds by everyone, including the media, on that move.

It's f***ing embarrassing. This will be the first time in his career that Omar Vizquel will be in the lineup as a DH, the very first time. There's a reason for this. The guy was brought in for his glove and only his glove, doesn't do you a whole hell of a lot of good from the bench in the bottom half of every inning. Omar's hit .239/.298/.303/.601 over his last 1100 PA, there are only 7 players in the game with 30+ PA and a lower wOBA this season, 1 just got released and another is currently in the minors and yet this guy is DH'ing for us and we hope to win ballgames. I'd love to say this wasn't a forgone conclusion but Ozzie did bring it up during the spring, loves to put together ridiculous lineups and recently praised Omar for his play on the field. It's just sad.

There's really no defense for this, I'm trying to think of one but coming up empty.

So basically you all are mad at one slot in the lineup. Nix for Omar?

What lineup do you magically want with our personnel that will be any better?

Any game with Omar in it is one too many, but same for Kotsay.

But to b**** incessantly when just one slot in the order is dumb seems stupid to me. Just one guy gets you all worked up?

Edited by greg775

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)

If Omar is going to be in the lineup then he needs to play the field, the only value he offers to a team is with the glove. There's no excuse for using one of the absolute worst offensive players in the big leagues over the past 3+ years as your DH even for one game. Especially when you have a bad defender at 3B just screaming for DH duties on a day when 2 of your regular designated hitters are on the bench.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:58 PM)

Omar's offensive production is being outpaced by pitchers in the NL.

The only justification for him to ever play has to do with him being in the field. In place of Mark Teahen, for example.