GT: White Sox @ Royals, 7:10PM, CSN, WSCR670

justBLAZE

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2010 -> 02:38 AM)
I love how Sox fans wanted to run Pods out of town over some baserunning gaffes. He did everything else well for us. The baserunning gaffes didn't cost us a title.

He was awful defensively

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
How many wins? It'd be nice to have him atop our order instead of Slappy.

Man, seriously...don't start the Pods BS again. He is cooling off tremendously, he is not ALL that. And besides, we've rehashed it a million times. Pods wanted 3 years, the Sox didn't.

Thats it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:40 PM)
How many wins? It'd be nice to have him atop our order instead of Slappy.

I'm not counting how many games he lost. You saw the same games that i did. Just because he's having a good start to the year doesn't make him the answer for this team. Especially, given his contract demands, his baserunning, and his D.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 14, 2010 -> 07:47 PM)
Hawk just doesn't have the home run eye anymore. He's never even close with his stretch calls.

Hawk doesn't say stretch because he thinks it's a home run. He's says it when he hopes it will somehow get out when chances are it won't.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:48 PM)
Hawk doesn't say stretch because he thinks it's a home run. He's says it when he hopes it will somehow get out when chances are it won't.

I know that, but I'm saying that they aren't even close. Like 5-10 feet from the wall. He used to call the ones that either go out by a foot or are caught on the wall.

Luckily I went out and got drunk last night, so I was able to miss the first 6-7 innings of this snoozefest by sleeping through my alarm.

Jesus, our offense sucks. But I'm sure Hawk said we have to tip our caps to the opposing pitcher, even if it's Bergesen or Eveland.

Edited by caulfield12