GT: White Sox @ Royals, 7:10PM, CSN, WSCR670

justBLAZE

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm really done with Ozzie after this.

No reason to even bother with a new thread, all the Sox boards are slowly becoming ghost towns....nobody left to read them.

There might be more interest in where LeBron James ends up eventually or the FIFA WORLD CUP than this White Sox team.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:03 PM)
Good.

Let KW hire Buddy Bell, some really dull, effective manager.

I think we should fire KW and give Ozzie free reign, that way we can start putting some really juicy lineups out there. I can't wait till May Sweeps!

I think Don Cooper would be an awful manager. You have to be somewhat good with the media, and I think he would be very combative with them. He's should stay as pitching coach-that's what he's good at.

As far as Ozzie, I don't know how he gets fired with 2+ years left on his contract. If anything changes, i think it will be Kenny quitting after this season, and then maybe Ozzie has the short leash next season with Rick Hahn as GM.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 08:04 PM)
Greg, you have a 105 million dollar payroll team playing like crap. They show no urgency. It's ironic, because Ozzie is one of the dullest managers with regards to on the field action you'll ever see. He NEVER argues balls and strikes.

I mean, I guess I just don't see what he is supposed to do with this piece of s*** roster. I'm all for blaming Ozzie for wanting this speedy, worthless type player, but that's on KW for allowing him to make roster decisions. He is the GM.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 07:07 PM)
So when does he argue balls and strikes?

this is an irrational discussion. He argues them all the time, probably too much. You never see umps glaring into the dugout?

I get your dissatisfaction with the guy as manager and there's a good argument for him to be removed; this isn't one of them.

It was a bad reaction to the ball being hit, but it still would have been a spectacular play.

I'll give him a break, then, but he still is a way below average fielder.

As far as Oz, I'm just saying it's obvious we'd go to Bell or Cora. Whoopie.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:02 PM)
Cmon. Oz may suck but gimme a break. Mark got duck snorted to death and it sounds from the radio guys like Teahen did something wrong on that one hit.

Not going to win too many games scoring one run either. Why is the defense always playing guys to hit up the middle?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2010 -> 03:09 AM)
I'll give him a break, then, but he still is a way below average fielder.

As far as Oz, I'm just saying it's obvious we'd go to Bell or Cora. Whoopie.

This is two straight poor seasons, and 3 bad seasons out of the last 4 years. What's the harm in getting someone new in charge? It's broke, and needs to be fixed.

QUOTE (flavum @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:08 PM)
I think Don Cooper would be an awful manager. You have to be somewhat good with the media, and I think he would be very combative with them. He's should stay as pitching coach-that's what he's good at.

He's a wuss when responding to criticism.