GT: White Sox @ Royals, 7:10PM, CSN, WSCR670

QUOTE (The Ginger Kid @ May 15, 2010 -> 03:09 AM)
this is an irrational discussion. He argues them all the time, probably too much. You never see umps glaring into the dugout?

I get your dissatisfaction with the guy as manager and there's a good argument for him to be removed; this isn't one of them.

I'm just saying that greg acts like Ozzie is old school Billy Martin or Piniella with his demonstrative on-field actions.

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 08:10 PM)
This is two straight poor seasons, and 3 bad seasons out of the last 4 years. What's the harm in getting someone new in charge? It's broke, and needs to be fixed.

Yeah, but it's the roster that is broke, not the manager. I'm fine with getting somebody new, but Ozzie is not the reason that we have had bad 3 of 4 seasons. The fact that this roster is awful is the reason.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:10 PM)
This is two straight poor seasons, and 3 bad seasons out of the last 4 years. What's the harm in getting someone new in charge? It's broke, and needs to be fixed.

No manager can fix this.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:12 PM)
Yeah, but it's the roster that is broke, not the manager. I'm fine with getting somebody new, but Ozzie is not the reason that we have had bad 3 of 4 seasons. The fact that this roster is awful is the reason.

Ozzie just made a lineup that has Omar Vizquel as the DH. The argument ends there.

I really think this is worse than 2007 already, because this team legitimately had a chance to compete if KW made the correct off-season moves.

Teahen, specifically, will go down as one of the worst, paired with the completely undeserved extension.

Unless KW got a "kick-back" like Wilder from Teahen's agent?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 15, 2010 -> 02:11 AM)
I love KW, but the sabermatician in me does glow a little when i hear the name Rick Hahn.

It would be a shame for him to get a job with another organization, only to have KW fired a year later, etc. However, after watching Sports Sunday on NBC, I wouldn't be shocked if KW takes another position in the organization very soon.

I truly thought this team was going to come out on fire. I know they tripped up in that 2nd game in Minny but this is a team far worse than the twins.

I'm officially disgusted. Firing managers and coaches seems like raw meat right now - I want personnel changes. And they can start with this gas can coming off the mound right now.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)
It would be a shame for him to get a job with another organization, only to have KW fired a year later, etc. However, after watching Sports Sunday on NBC, I wouldn't be shocked if KW takes another position in the organization very soon.

i could see a Paxon/Forman like deal with one being "promoted," and the other taking over day to day affairs.

Look at the lineup guys, what did you expect?

I am losing so much respect for Kenny Williams it isn't even funny.

One telling thing about this club that really shows you they aren't very good and won't be good at all this year, is that they have very few late inning comeback wins.

They just don't have any DESIRE or that "it", that winning teams have. Nothing is clicking.

Ozzie just made a lineup that has Omar Vizquel as the DH. The argument ends there.

Omar actually got a hit.

You should want Oz for playing Teahen if anybody. What a f***ing stiff.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:13 PM)

It worked for John Paxson.

Maybe KW can start picking fights with the coaches.

I liked the point that B and B made, and that is if you want to start fixing the Sox, you have to get the dead weight off the team. Thus, you go ahead and get rid of Vizquel and Williams. It's like last year, where having Lillibridge in the majors made no sense.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 14, 2010 -> 08:11 PM)
I love KW, but the sabermatician in me does glow a little when i hear the name Rick Hahn.

I'd prefer to bring in someone with experience.

I don't even like LaRussa, but I would give him a blank check to be the GM and manager.

I'm not sure Hahn has the qualities to be a good GM. It's uncertain. Evans was a disaster in LA.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
I liked the point that B and B made, and that is if you want to start fixing the Sox, you have to get the dead weight off the team. Thus, you go ahead and get rid of Vizquel and Williams. It's like last year, where having Lillibridge in the majors made no sense.

And Quentin.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Omar actually got a hit.

You should want Oz for playing Teahen if anybody. What a f***ing stiff.

Like others say, at least we gave him an extension!