GT: White Sox @ Royals, 7:10PM, CSN, WSCR670

justBLAZE

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thus, you go ahead and get rid of Vizquel and Williams. It's like last year, where having Lillibridge in the majors made no sense.

How can you stop there? What about Teahen? What about Juan?

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:14 PM)
Omar actually got a hit.

You should want Oz for playing Teahen if anybody. What a f***ing stiff.

You do not play an aging glove first veteran at DH. I don't care how many bloopers he hits, you don't do it. EVER.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 15, 2010 -> 02:15 AM)
And Quentin.

But what do you do with him? Send him down? You know my solution is to get a new hitting coach and PRAY that he can turn Quentin around before he becomes an afterthought in this organization.

I'm not too hard on Teahen, because I don't expect a lot from the guy. But why the hell did Kenny give this guy a 3-year contract? Kenny is always preaching Chicago Tough, and they could have had a free year to evaluate him, and decide if he was worthy of keeping around in 2011. That's a bad move, pure and simple.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:16 PM)
How can you stop there? What about Teahen? What about Juan?

And you are absolutely insane if you didn't think that Guillen has something to do with Juan being on this team. He has had a hard on for slappy since he was his 3rd base coach in Florida.

You do not play an aging glove first veteran at DH. I don't care how many bloopers he hits, you don't do it. EVER.

Why? Just because he's worthless like about 1/3 of the guys or more on this roster?

QUOTE (flavum @ May 15, 2010 -> 03:17 AM)
I'm not too hard on Teahen, because I don't expect a lot from the guy. But why the hell did Kenny give this guy a 3-year contract? Kenny is always preaching Chicago Tough, and they could have had a free year to evaluate him, and decide if he was worthy of keeping around in 2011. That's a bad move, pure and simple.

As I said last week, his only value is as a utility guy. Instead, we stick him at his worst defensive position and at a position where his lack of power is magnified. Just a stupid idea.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:15 PM)
I'd prefer to bring in someone with experience.

I don't even like LaRussa, but I would give him a blank check to be the GM and manager.

I'm not sure Hahn has the qualities to be a good GM. It's uncertain. Evans was a disaster in LA.

He has an analytical mind, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He’s worth a shot. Hell, I’d even give Depodesta a shot here too. I want someone who studies the game like he has to take a test on it at 6:00 AM in the morning. I want a manager like that too.

10.25 mil still owed to Mark Teahen over 2 years. That makes me vomit into my mouth.

Teahen actually knows what it's like to win the lottery.

He's just some regular hack who hit the jackpot.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
Kotsay is fine as the 25th man (if he's hitting like last year with us, not BOS)...on the roster.

Not as a prominently featured player who gets 300-350 AB's.

There's no point in even talking about it anymore. Inane.

Exactly. A guy who gets 150-200 plate appearances maybe comes in for defense a few times. He good for that, but expecting production is ridiculous.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 15, 2010 -> 03:19 AM)
All you had to do was look at the White Sox line up tonight to know Gil Meche was going to have a decent game. This team is boring and embarrassing.

yep, it's sad, but there's no way this 25 man roster can win the division. It's all about individual success now, as team success won't happen. This team truly is dead, I believe that.

I honestly don't have as big a problem with Juan Pierre on this team as I do with Omar Vizquel, Mark Teahen, Randy Williams, Ramon Castro.

Those guys have absolutely no value to this/ANY team whatsoever.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 14, 2010 -> 08:18 PM)
He has an analytical mind, and seems to have a good head on his shoulders. He’s worth a shot. Hell, I’d even give Depodesta a shot here too. I want someone who studies the game like he has to take a test on it at 6:00 AM in the morning. I want a manager like that too.

Look at Daniels, I think he went to Cornell, but his "real" background is in marketing and retail corporate work, someone like P&G I think.

Look at the minor league pitching depth in TEX. That's nice.

They never should have traded A-Gone away (or Chris Young, the pitcher), but he's done a very respectable job the last 24 months.

Buehrle with the player of the game award from FARMER, that's how bad things are.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:19 PM)
All you had to do was look at the White Sox line up tonight to know Gil Meche was going to have a decent game. This team is boring and embarrassing.

I went from having a ticket plan a few years back, to going to about 15 to 20 games, to going to a few. And now my first game going this year, probably will be at the corporate event at the cubs-sox game at wrigley. Maybe I will take my son a few times so he can see Southpaw, but dumping money on this pig is a waste of time.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:18 PM)
As I said last week, his only value is as a utility guy. Instead, we stick him at his worst defensive position and at a position where his lack of power is magnified. Just a stupid idea.

It's proven once again defense isn't and probably never will be a priority with this organization. Last season Josh can't Fields was your opening day 3rd basemen.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 14, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
I honestly don't have as big a problem with Juan Pierre on this team as I do with Omar Vizquel, Mark Teahen, Randy Williams, Ramon Castro.

Those guys have absolutely no value to this/ANY team whatsoever.

Actually, I'm fine with Castro.

Look at the back of his baseball card. But Schneider really needs to work on his conditioning.

He's called some very good games defensively, has some pop in his bat and can throw the ball a lot better than AJ and V-Mart.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:20 PM)
Yeah but the Xbox would also tell you playing 4-5 of our other regulars is a dumb move.

Greg, let me spell it out for you. If you really really wanted Omar in your lineup for whatever reason, for the love of god at least have him field. Its the only thing that provides value. Having him DH is beyond stupid.

Edited by southsideirish71