GT: White Sox @ Royals, 7:10PM, CSN, WSCR670

justBLAZE

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

We now have the most boring team in MLB.

At least the Royals have a new manager, and the Orioles have their minor league pitching depth, the Indians at least have all their youth from their trades of V-Mart, DeRosa, Sabathia, Cliff Lee, etc.

How do you not go the pen? There's just no sense of urgency to actually win games, especially considering the fact that the Twins are losing.

Edited by caulfield12

Its time for Guillen to go. A 43 year old DH who can't hit. This is something that even the most drunken relative of Vizquel playing Xbox wouldn't think of.

I hate Omar. But at least he got a hit.

Fire Guillen if you want.

The Royals and Yost-ball will get all the headlines tonight. Last place ain't so bad. We'll get used to it with this team before long.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 14, 2010 -> 07:57 PM)
Its time for Guillen to go. A 43 year old DH who can't hit. This is something that even the most drunken relative of Vizquel playing Xbox wouldn't think of.

It's Vizquel vs. Nix in that situation. They both suck. That by itself is depressing as hell, and KW has to have ssome blame for getting us a s***ty offense.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 15, 2010 -> 01:57 AM)

If the Sox get swept this weekend, you're going to start to hear Ozzie's name being thrown around as on the hot seat. I heard from another person today that him and KW have a serious rift.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
It's Vizquel vs. Nix in that situation. They both suck. That by itself is depressing as hell, and KW has to have ssome blame for getting us a s***ty offense.

You play the younger guy. It's not a ridiculious concept.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 15, 2010 -> 01:59 AM)
We now have the most boring team in MLB.

At least the Royals have a new manager, and the Orioles have their minor league pitching depth, the Indians at least have all their youth from their trades of V-Mart, DeRosa, Sabathia, Cliff Lee, etc.

How do you not go the pen? There's just no sense of urgency to actually win games, especially considering the fact that the Twins are losing.

At least Peavy and Danks are enjoyable to watch start games. Sadly, Beckham and Quentin have become tedious to watch hit instead of exciting.

Glad we left him in after the 4th consecutive hit.

Cmon. Oz may suck but gimme a break. Mark got duck snorted to death and it sounds from the radio guys like Teahen did something wrong on that one hit.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:00 PM)
If the Sox get swept this weekend, you're going to start to hear Ozzie's name being thrown around as on the hot seat. I heard from another person today that him and KW have a serious rift.

Bernstein seems to think that they hate each other.

QUOTE (jphat007 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:00 PM)

I would take Nix everyday and twice on Sunday if we are talking DH's. The only value that Vizquel provides the team is as a defensive presence.

Good.

Let KW hire Buddy Bell, some really dull, effective manager.

Do we actually hope for a Royals' sweep?

LOL.

Everyone on the field and in the dugout not noticing Josh Hamilton hadn't tagged up, costing the Royals 2 runs eventually, is what cost Hillman his job in the end, along with Hillman fining Betancourt for missing a pop fly.

That would put us at 9 games under .500 and tied for last place w/the Royals.

Edited by caulfield12

Good.

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 14, 2010 -> 08:02 PM)
I would take Nix everyday and twice on Sunday if we are talking DH's. The only value that Vizquel provides the team is as a defensive presence.

They both can't hit. I really don't see where it matters.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Good.

Or we could hire someone decent, and not have to put up with this crap. I don't care if our manager is boring as hell, Joe Torre is boring as hell, but he can manage his ass off.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2010 -> 02:03 AM)
Good.

Greg, you have a 105 million dollar payroll team playing like crap. They show no urgency. It's ironic, because Ozzie is one of the dullest managers with regards to on the field action you'll ever see. He NEVER argues balls and strikes.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 14, 2010 -> 10:02 PM)
Cmon. Oz may suck but gimme a break. Mark got duck snorted to death and it sounds from the radio guys like Teahen did something wrong on that one hit.

Kinda dove over a ball that possibly could have turned 2