Individual performances:

Mark Teahen .667 (2-3)

Juan Pierre .296 (8-27)

Andruw Jones .258 (8-31)

Paul Konerko .182 (2-11)

Carlos Quentin .121 (4-33)

Mark Kotsay .045 (1-22)

Gordon Beckham .000 (0-4)

Somehow this isn't the worst DH production in the AL (Seattle - .186). Only two teams have a DH spot hitting over .254 (Texas and KC).

Also, FWIW, pitchers in the NL:

.158/.196/.388

QUOTE (Heads22 @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:47 PM)
More fun:

The Sox are by far the most godawful team in the majors with RISP, hitting .206. Next worst is Baltimore at .229. MLB average is .260.

That number is exactly why I haven't punted on this season yet. If we even progress towards the norm, we can make up ground in chunks. So little of this team has played well yet, and so much of it has played awful, just the odds alone tell me that we should have a much better run of it than we have so far.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 14, 2010 -> 03:54 PM)
The designated hitter...

is Omar Vizquel today.

Woo! I had a money bet with somebody that Vizquel would be the DH for us at least once this season, a bet which stemmed from us arguing what would happen more this season: Omar Vizquel DH appearances or times Juan Pierre hit the ball over the outfielders head. I think my official prediction was 3 to 2 in favor of Vizquel DH apperances, but at any rate, time to cash in!

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ May 14, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
Woo! I had a money bet with somebody that Vizquel would be the DH for us at least once this season, a bet which stemmed from us arguing what would happen more this season: Omar Vizquel DH appearances or times Juan Pierre hit the ball over the outfielders head. Time to cash in!

its 1-0 is it not?

We have known this DH situation was a joke from the get-go, just as we knew DeWayne Wise wasn't going to work out as a leadoff man. Its hard to believe highly paid White Sox employees couldn't or wouldn't see it as well. If its a summer of empty seats at USCF, they'll get what they deserve.

I'm sure we could get Frank to unretire for a few months, no? Even if he can't run, he'll still be better than anything we have.

EDIT: I struggled with the decision to green this or not..

Edited by TitoMB

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:26 PM)
We have known this DH situation was a joke from the get-go, just as we knew DeWayne Wise wasn't going to work out as a leadoff man. Its hard to believe highly paid White Sox employees couldn't or wouldn't see it as well. If its a summer of empty seats at USCF, they'll get what they deserve.

Couldn't agree more, in any other organization, these employees would be on the hot seat.