Over/under on KW vote of confidence on Guillen

caulfield12

When is the dreaded "vote of confidence" coming officially from KW (and JR)?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. How many days until KW issues a vote of confidence through the media?

• After the Royals sweep the Sox with new manager Yost, proving "new blood" can create a quick chemistry change in the clubhouse
    • It never happens, either Ozzie quits or KW quits in frustration or is kicked upstairs to "symbolic" admin post
    • Ozzie and KW fight to death to decide who stays
    • In the next 1-2 weeks
    • At the end of 54-60 games, when we're about 10 GB
    • When The Omar Vizquel and The Juan Pierre both have XB hits in a game
    • After White Flag III trades (1997/2002, 2010)

We have a dysfunctional organization. There will be no vote of confidence.

Oz and KW are both former players; Oz was the better player. Oz doesn't treat Kenny as his "boss."

Oz doesn't care what KW thinks of him or anybody else.

So no vote of confidence is needed.

KW would obviously fire Oz now if he had the power. The team has been horses*** for a while; all teams need a scapegoat. After our performance down the stretch last year and this Royals-like start to 2010, Oz would be gone if KW could fire him.

Jerry prolly won't let KW make Oz the scapegoat since Jerry considers Oz a son.

Gotta love the dysfunction.

The only wildcard is money. Jerry loves money like all rich f***s do. So Jerry will have to do something since no money is to be made on this team in parking, concessions, tickets, and sale of gear.

Edited by greg775

Greg, that's interesting.

First time I thought of it that way, that Ozzie believes he has more credibility because of his big league career, in comparison with KW's.

You might be on to something there. Plus, he has the boosted confidence from having been around the Marlins and Braves organizations when they were winning, combined with being "King of Chicago" after 2005.

Yeah, I'm just saying in baseball's inflated ego game, Oz takes no guff from KW nor do I feel he acts like KW is his "boss."

So KW has to get permission from Jerry to can Jerry's favorite son.

Will Jerry allow Kenny to pull the proverbial trigger?

So Ozzie would agree to working under Jerry Krause, a "basketball guy" who messed up the Bulls and pissed off MJ to no end?

Ozzie won't stand for that, his ego's too big.

They would have to agree to build a brand new Venezuelan Baseball Academy (hopefully better results than Wilder's DR one) and name it after Guillen, Vizquel and Aparicio.

Not the worst idea in the world. As long as you keep him away from Chicago and the media. Which is why he will get another job or go directly to the broadcast booth for one year hiatus, waiting out the best offers.

ESPN, Fox, etc., will be fighting to get Guillen.

Broadcast booth might be a good idea. I heard Oz on Royals pregame today and he still was somewhat tough to understand with the accent though.

I wonder if KW will give an ultimatum to Jerry. Either he goes or I go.

If there's no dreaded "vote of confidence," like Moore just gave four days ago to Hillman before the diastrous Rangers' series....

Then the media will circle like sharks with blood in the water and that will be THE story every night if we're losing and falling further and further behind MIN and DET. If there's not a rift now, there certainly will be one soon enough that's exposed for the world to see, and not through Oney's twitter account alone.

Edited by caulfield12

The post game conference is quite telling. Ozzie literally is lost. Has no idea what to do.

"It's hard to see this every day. I feel bad for Walk. I feel him because a lot of people are blaming him. Maybe it is his fault, I know Walk, he'll take it. But I don't blame Walk. I think he works hard. In the meanwhile, I had four guys in the lineup hitting under [.200] to start the game. Kansas City Royals, they in last place? They got five guys hitting three-something. I think you look man-by-man our lineup is better, but it's not showing that way. What are we going to do? Keep plugging it in, keep being positive, get up and get it tomorrow. But if they don't get tired, if they're not embarrassed when they look at the scoreboard, they should. I would be. This is contagious, because you have a few guys swinging the bat good and seven guys that are horses***. Pitching, Buehrle went out really well, cruising along, all of a sudden, boom - no s***, no cushion. One mistake the game is over.
Edited by southsideirish71

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:15 PM)
No vote of confidence from KW. From the rumors circulating, he is really fed up with Guillen.

He's been fed up with Ozzie since 2007 really. And honestly I don't blame him one bit.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 14, 2010 -> 09:35 PM)
The post game conference is quite telling. Ozzie literally is lost. Has no idea what to do.

Please don't feel bad for Walker. Not just this year, bad offense on the southside has been going on for years. Can you name 1 player Greg Walker has worked with, and made that player hit better?? As a fan, today I'm watching Alexie Ramirez strikeout twice leaving guys on base, because his swing is too long. Mark Teahen swing is too long with strike 2. You can't have a smallball team that consistently can't put the ball in play. Quentin is lost offensively. It could be the player's fault, but someone has to take the fall. And that guy is Greg Walker or Ozzie Guillen because they are the captains of the ship..

I've always backed Ozzie because he brought us our WS title, but lets get honest, that was almost 5 years ago now and this team hasn't really done s*** since then and i feel like we have some definite talent on the roster. The tipping point for me was reading a poll of about 100 mlb players in ESPN mag. OZ was voted as the manager that they would least like to play for in the entire league, 30% voted for him, he finished behind Pinella who got 29% of the vote. 1/3 of players would play for 29 other managers before OZ, including Lou f***ing Pinella! And this isn't just a Cubs thing, i just think that Lou is an asshole. So if 1/3 of the team would rather play for someone else (rather, anyone else) then how hard are they going to play for the guy, how much of their focus is this going to take away. Baseball is a hard enough game without that type of a distraction. I think that OZ and Walk need to go at this point, I'm done justifying and rationalizing for them.

So if 1/3 of the team would rather play for someone else (rather, anyone else) then how hard are they going to play for the guy, how much of their focus is this going to take away. Baseball is a hard enough game without that type of a distraction. I think that OZ and Walk need to go at this point, I'm done justifying and rationalizing for them.

Who cares about some stupid poll? You trust the people that ran the poll?

The reason the players put Ozzie and Piniella if indeed they did ... uh they actually hear about them and see them on TV rather than the no names all over baseball.

Of course some might mention Oz and Lou because they have actually heard of them instead of the dead puppets all over baseball. Most managers you can't pick one from another. Oz and Lou ... you know they are around.

Ozzie rocks!

Edited by greg775

I couldn't care less what this team does, I already checked out...I paid 120 bucks for MLB.TV and I'm gonna get my money's worth no matter what, dammit.

I love Ozzie but it is prolly best we move foward.

Edited by MexSoxFan#1

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2010 -> 01:41 AM)
Who cares about some stupid poll? You trust the people that ran the poll?

The reason the players put Ozzie and Piniella if indeed they did ... uh they actually hear about them and see them on TV rather than the no names all over baseball.

Of course some might mention Oz and Lou because they have actually heard of them instead of the dead puppets all over baseball. Most managers you can't pick one from another. Oz and Lou ... you know they are around.

Ozzie rocks!

players are too sensitive and punks , they dont like to be told how it is to their faces(ocab) and thats why they dont like managers like ozzie and rather play for horse sh** managers like dusty who let them do whatever the hell they want. and yes this team sucks but walker should be the first guy gone because i know its ozzies team but how is it his fault that guys like beckham, aj and quentin, for example arent hitting? or that buehrle and floyd have been awful? and jenks? peavy(until recently) ? i can blame him for some things , but not for those players that play like crap

John McGraw couldn't win with this team. Ozzie kind of reminds me of Whitey Herzog. When Herzog's Cardinals weren't good enough to win they fell like a rock probably due in part to Whitey's disinterest. When given a team that was capable of winning there was no better manager than Herzog. I can live with that. Keep Ozzie and start the rebuild.

QUOTE (bighurt4life @ May 15, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
I've always backed Ozzie because he brought us our WS title, but lets get honest, that was almost 5 years ago now and this team hasn't really done s*** since then and i feel like we have some definite talent on the roster. The tipping point for me was reading a poll of about 100 mlb players in ESPN mag. OZ was voted as the manager that they would least like to play for in the entire league, 30% voted for him, he finished behind Pinella who got 29% of the vote. 1/3 of players would play for 29 other managers before OZ, including Lou f***ing Pinella! And this isn't just a Cubs thing, i just think that Lou is an asshole. So if 1/3 of the team would rather play for someone else (rather, anyone else) then how hard are they going to play for the guy, how much of their focus is this going to take away. Baseball is a hard enough game without that type of a distraction. I think that OZ and Walk need to go at this point, I'm done justifying and rationalizing for them.

I met Lou last summer walking my dog. He was walking down the street with his wife and a young girl I would imagine is his granddaughter. The girl wanted to play with my pup. Lou, his wife and the little girl were all very nice, now how that translates as a manager I have no idea, but Lou seems to be a decent guy off the field, and Ozzie is a good guy off the field. In the clubhouse, that's a good question.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ May 14, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)

Please don't feel bad for Walker. Not just this year, bad offense on the southside has been going on for years. Can you name 1 player Greg Walker has worked with, and made that player hit better?? As a fan, today I'm watching Alexie Ramirez strikeout twice leaving guys on base, because his swing is too long. Mark Teahen swing is too long with strike 2. You can't have a smallball team that consistently can't put the ball in play. Quentin is lost offensively. It could be the player's fault, but someone has to take the fall. And that guy is Greg Walker or Ozzie Guillen because they are the captains of the ship..

How about our starting CF to start with?

Was thinking about this last night, I honestly wonder if they'd be hesitant to fire Ozzie because the cameras are rolling? Might paint the organization in a bad light/PR nightmare etc.

QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 15, 2010 -> 08:56 AM)
John McGraw couldn't win with this team. Ozzie kind of reminds me of Whitey Herzog. When Herzog's Cardinals weren't good enough to win they fell like a rock probably due in part to Whitey's disinterest. When given a team that was capable of winning there was no better manager than Herzog. I can live with that. Keep Ozzie and start the rebuild.

Whitey Herzog would never have DH'd Ozzie Smith had there beeen interleague play. It wouldn't have even crossed his mind. Hitting a defense first guy like Omar Vizquel as the designated hitter was the last straw. Fire his ass.

Edited by Thunderbolt