White Sox vs Royals 5-15-10 @ 6:10 pm

we have two pitchers on the entire staff with era under 4. we have 5 hitters that play everyday that are hitting under 220. Its a miracle that we are only 7.5 games back.

It would be great to see some of these guys get it goin. I really want to have a team worth watching for the majority of this season. I dont believe the sox are this bad.

lets start the turnaround tonight! :gosoxretro:

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 15, 2010 -> 05:57 PM)
we have two pitchers on the entire staff with era under 4. we have 5 hitters that play everyday that are hitting under 220. Its a miracle that we are only 7.5 games back.

It would be great to see some of these guys get it goin. I really want to have a team worth watching for the majority of this season. I dont believe the sox are this bad.

Everything tells us they HAVE to rebound at some point... right? Tonight seems like a GREAT night for it. Peavy vs. the lowly Royals.. come ON offense, step up!

QUOTE (joejoedairy @ May 15, 2010 -> 04:57 PM)

This is a good point. We just hear Greg Walker Greg Walker Greg Walker and look at all those BA under .200. Well, look at all the pitchers with ERAs over 5.00.

Rain delay until at least 645 CST.

According to Cowley, very unlikely this game even gets played, they're trying to find at least a two hour window to cram it in.

On the plus side, we can't lose if we don't play. We end the day at 7 1/2 GB of the Twins, who are proving once again they don't belong up there with the big boys just quite yet.

http://www.weather.com/weather/map/USMO0460

I think they'll play this one after all, it's not a HUGE unending weather system.

BTW, the two best bets for the 2 spot according to Ozzie (after Gordon), were, tuh-dah, Alexei Ramirez and Mark Teahen, yikes!

Edited by caulfield12

If any of you are in vegas, quickly bet the under. If the game is played, these big leaguers will want to get it over with and fast.

A day off would get Quentin back faster.

Let's face it. We are last place for sure if CQ stays s***ty and/or hurt. We need him or we keep struggling to plate runs.

Edited by greg775

Originally, 645/635 but obviously that's not happening.

If only we had Aaron Rowand, Scotty Pods and Joe Crede still with the White Sox, EVERYTHING would be A-OK.

According to some callers to rain delay theatre.

Gordon Beckham needs to "choke up" on the bat and start aiming his hits to the "green part of the field." Great!

KW has destroyed the franchise single-handedly.

Rongey at least stood his ground about Guillen/KW over roster construction and seemed to hold KW more accountable than Ozzie, basically saying that Guillen was "spinning" the moves in the offseason and SoxFest because no manager would say "these moves really suck, I'm a great manager but even I can't do anything with this piece of crap roster..."

More solutions:

Gordon Beckham at SS

Magglio Ordonez was screwed over by the FO, should have been re-signed

Rowand shouldn't have been traded with Brian Anderson as the only remaining solution for CF with Chris Young traded

Frank Thomas should have been given a long-term contract instead of bringing in Thome

(Surprised someone didn't want Carl Jurassic Everett back.)

One hour rain delay.

Pierre tries to bunt...once again, Pierre's lack of an extra gear that he used to exhibit has cost him 5-8 extra infield base hits this year.

96-97 MPH "sinker" down the pipe K's Beckham.

No hitter stuff so far from Hochevar.

1-2-3 top of the first, what else is new?

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ May 15, 2010 -> 08:15 PM)
The entire reason you drop Beckham down in the order is to alleviate pressure and allow him to come out of it himself. Can someone explain the concept of logic to our manager.

He got a couple hits over the past 2 games.