Who would you NOT want to be a fan of, which MLB franchise is worst?

caulfield12

Depressing Franchise Futures  

53 members have voted

1. 1. Which teams' fans should be more depressed about future and present?

• KC Royals (but they have a new manager)
    • Cleveland Indians (all the youth from trades last year promising)
    • Pittsburgh Pirates (Alvarez could be superstar)
    • Baltimore Orioles (lots of young talented starting pitching)
    • Houston Astros (will Berkman, Oswalt or C-Lee be dealt?)
    • Oakland A's (competitive this year, but stadium issue looms)
    • Toronto Blue Jays (can't compete in AL East despite very impressive talent, especially pitching)
    • San Diego Padres (most under the radar franchise in baseball)
    • Chicago White Sox

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2010 -> 07:01 AM)
I note in your Zeal to go after the Sox that they're the only team on your list that has a recent World Series win, and they have as many recent playoff appearances as any other team on that list.

The Sox are my favorite team since 1991 when I was old enough to start watching baseball.. after 2005 my expectations were high, 2006 was enjoyable but disappointment, 2007 was the first season I lost interest, 2008 was exciting at end and probably most frustrating team I've seen, 2009 was frusterating, and 2010 has suckage like 2007 written all over it. Major moves need to be made.

With this payroll, talent, etc I think KW has made some very bad moves since 2005. It's time to move on from the KW/Ozzie regime if this team wants to make headlines for winning, not drama.

Pods/Ely/Link/Cash > Pierre

Getz/Cash > Teahen

Anything (Thome, Getz, Nix) > Omar Vizquel/Kotsay

Andruw Jones was a good signing... considering we could of kept Getz, signed Orlando Hudson, or done a lot different than getting Teahen. We could of got Thome for the price of Kotsay as well. I just don't get these moves and why he has to make trades and deplete the system in a cheap free agent market.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Because everyone loves being a Cub fan. You don't have to know anything about baseball, and there's beer.

I would hate being a fan of a franchise that consistently didn't care about its team winning, then decided to start caring by throwing god-awful contracts around because THE TEAM IS FOR SALE, thus bankrupting their future.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:05 PM)
Because everyone loves being a Cub fan. You don't have to know anything about baseball, and there's beer.

They are the biggest losers in all of sports. They havent won anything in anyone's lifetime for the most part. They are by far the worst team to be a fan of.

1. You cant get tickets to the game if you're a fan because tourists take them all

2. The organization has ZERO motivation to make the team good because no matter what attendance is the same.

3. You have to watch a game in one of the least fan friendly parks in all of baseball.

4. BY default you are labeled a fairweather tourist and frankly your uniform is one of the gayest in sports. Baby bears on your hats? Really?

5. 1908

QUOTE (b-Rye @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:22 PM)
Pods/Ely/Link/Cash > Pierre

Getz/Cash > Teahen

Anything (Thome, Getz, Nix) > Omar Vizquel/Kotsay

Considering these three incomplete moves, considering they wanted Pods back, but he wanted multi-years to come back to the Sox, and I still don't blame them for giving him that, but even with these three moves, none of these are franchise crippling and if Beckham and Q have just average numbers for their positions, much less the above average potential they have, this team is, just a rough guess, at least 4-6 wins better, and that's not to mention the starting staff has struggled more than many thought.

If KW would have traded Beckham or blocked Q from a full time role this message board would have melted down

Edited by SoxFan562004

I'd say Oakland. Only because, when it seems like the team is ready to compete, they can never keep it together despite winning because of their low paroll requirements. It hurts also because the team can never add that "missing" piece to go from a decent contender to a championship contender. That would frustrate me more than having a team that flat out just sucks.