AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!

Capn12

Thanks for the summary Balta. Missed the 9th inning, and hate to hear that about Thornton. Great comeback win tonight.. who knew?

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
And we can't pitch Thornton in 90-100 games, he already was suffering from muscle spasms and it's only mid May.

Yea... not good as he has alot of innings already in May. He will probably miss some time, so we will see what Ozzie does as far as a SU man (I'm going to assume Putz moves up to SU and possibly Pena takes the MR role, since we are easing Santos to the bigs)

Edited by SoxAce

Peavy is the highest paid player on our team. That's what we got him for...

Do you trust Jenks over Peavy in that situation? Not I.

And we can't pitch Thornton in 90-100 games, he already was suffering from muscle spasms and it's only mid May.

1.) Guys don't pitch complete games when they give up four runs. Gotta use the pen.

2.) Got to use the guys on the roster.

3.) I coulda sworn every game thread people are SCREAMING for Thornton every f***ing game. Now here you say don't use him all the time?

I'm goin crazy. Damned if you do and damned if you don't if you are the manager of this team. My god.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2010 -> 12:18 AM)
Peavy is the highest paid player on our team. That's what we got him for...

Do you trust Jenks over Peavy in that situation? Not I.

You wouldn't know this according to Soxtalk. Ozzie is supposed to use Thornton in every single high-leverage situation that presents itself. No matter what.

Amen, Jordan. That is what I was trying to say in my post above yours. I'm going insane because no manager can win on this board with all the second guessing. Now we're using Thornton too much?? Every game people are calling for Thornton, Thornton, Thornton. Geez. I'm assuming this is why Rongey has been nowhere to be found.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 12:46 AM)
Great win.

Don't like when Peavy gets all mad when replaced. It was the right call to bring in relief. He gets taken deep and he's a loser tonight. Gotta trust the bullpen at that stage.

Glad to see us get five runs after looking like s*** early. Is Beckham coming around slowly I hope?

Oh and I forgot. Nice job, Peavy. Good effort again.

According to what everyone was saying, it wasn't that he was mad he was pulled, but mad at himself for a bad pitch? Unfortunately, the offense put to me sleep around the 5th or 6th inning and I woke up with 1 out in the 9th, right as Thornton came in, so I didn't see the incident.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
Is Beckham coming around slowly I hope?

Well.. he has a 3 game hit streak. Baby steps... :D

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:14 AM)
I'm assuming this is why Rongey has been nowhere to be found.

He isn't posting much at WSI either. Though maybe he doesn't want to hear certain posters, who so far, have been right on about their observations about this team since the off-season here and not gloat in front of his face about it.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 12:38 AM)
3.) I coulda sworn every game thread people are SCREAMING for Thornton every f***ing game. Now here you say don't use him all the time?

I'm goin crazy. Damned if you do and damned if you don't if you are the manager of this team. My god.

And those people would be idiots.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2010 -> 01:53 AM)
You wouldn't know this according to Soxtalk. Ozzie is supposed to use Thornton in every single high-leverage situation that presents itself. No matter what.

Thats not entirely true...many of the regulars are highly concerned about the rate we're leaning on Thornton early on, and hope that someone...anyone in the 'pen can be the go to guy while Thornton gets some pseudo-time off.

QUOTE (Capn12 @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:36 AM)
Thats not entirely true...many of the regulars are highly concerned about the rate we're leaning on Thornton early on, and hope that someone...anyone in the 'pen can be the go to guy while Thornton gets some pseudo-time off.

I'm not in every gamethread. But it's pretty common to see a "Ozzie should be fired" anytime a high-leverage situation arouses and Ozzie dare has the audacity to call on somebody other than Thornton.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:40 AM)
I'm not in every gamethread. But it's pretty common to see a "Ozzie should be fired" anytime a high-leverage situation arouses and Ozzie dare has the audacity to call on somebody other than Thornton.

Hehe, well you and I both know that if we had a nickel for every 'fire Ozzie/Walker/Cooper/KW/name_of_coach' post that was made, I sure as s*** wouldn't be working for a living.

QUOTE (whtsoxfan @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:56 AM)
Watched through the seventh whats the issue with Thornton's elbow?

Nothing, they are saying muscle spasm. It looked like he was shaking his elbow out after a pitch and the trainers and ump came out to the mound, Thornton said he was fine and threw a few practice pitches, then got Maier to pop up to end the game.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 15, 2010 -> 11:46 PM)
Great win.

Don't like when Peavy gets all mad when replaced. It was the right call to bring in relief. He gets taken deep and he's a loser tonight. Gotta trust the bullpen at that stage.

Glad to see us get five runs after looking like s*** early. Is Beckham coming around slowly I hope?

Oh and I forgot. Nice job, Peavy. Good effort again.

That was the ace mentality Greg. Peavy was pissed at himself for giving up the single and being unable to finish the game, he wasnt mad at Ozzie for taking him out. Most Aces get like that when they are taken out after throwing a good game.

That's true about the ace mentality. I just hope it's his competitiveness and he calms down pretty quickly when they make the call to pull him.

I'm glad he's a competitor. It's just kind of dangerous if managers listen to their aces and leave them in too long. Four runs is a lot different in the ninth than if he had given up one run and was cruising along, etc. Fair comment, though.