Congrats Jose Contreras

Princess Dye

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 16, 2010 -> 01:33 AM)
First career save.

"Twenty-two years starting games, and now my career is closing games," Contreras said after Saturday's game. "It was a tough situation at that moment, but I was able to save the game. That's the most important thing."

He's been filthy good this year: 13.1 IP, 7 H, 1 ER, 2 BB, 18 K. His velocity is WAY up now that he can pretty much let it go as a reliever. Brad Lidge just hit the DL. Ryan Madson was already on the DL. So the gig is his. I'm happy for him.

Edited by Jordan4life

QUOTE (Princess Dye @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
He used to be a four inning pitcher for us for awhile. Effective first innings. Always thought the pen shouldve been in consideration for El Titan

We tried him in the Pen for a while. It actually makes sense, that forkball out of the bullpen is going to be a really hard pitch for anyone to adapt to even if he can't throw it for a strike, after 8 innings of seeing other people's stuff.

The reason we never could do it consistently is that he had that long, long warmup routine, where he was throwing the forkball using a softball, etc.

QUOTE (BearSox @ May 16, 2010 -> 01:38 PM)
Ive always felt that Contreras' best role would be in the pen since the 2007 season, and he's blossoming in the pen now. Good for him. He loves the game and I wish everyone on our team had his work ethic.

Whoa, Bear Sox. Where the hell have you been, buddy?

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:46 PM)
Whoa, Bear Sox. Where the hell have you been, buddy?

Busy with athletics and school. But I try and make time as much as possible, no matter how frustrating it might be, for White Sox baseball.