Interesting Spin

JohnCangelosi

QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 17, 2010 -> 12:19 PM)
:lolhitting

An all time classic.

Kap and I were at that game. We were sitting next to the visting pen, so we could see directly into the Sox pen. He walked out there and signaled, while there was literally nothing happening in the pen. The bullpen coach threw open the doors, walked out on to the field, and threw his hands up into the air like WTF do you want? It was amazing.

That was just a complete metal blank on part of Bevington. It was incredibly stupid, yes, but I can forgive it somewhat because it was a guy temporarily forgetting what he had going for him in the pen in the heat of battle. Ozzie actually looked at his 25-man lineup, and made the decision to play the best defensive infielder since Ozzie Smith at designated hitter, when he knew he had Mark Teahen playing an awful 3b. Not in-game, but before it.

Edited by Thunderbolt

A better slump buster is sticking bats in an inflatible doll. With the offense running so smoothly, I'm surprised anyone would risk upsetting that apple cart. Ozzie has sent some strange messages to players before, telling them they all suck and putting him in is just another one of those messages. As long as Oz is managing, we'll see one or two of those per season, and they will get increasingly strange.

QUOTE (Tex @ May 19, 2010 -> 04:43 PM)
A better slump buster is sticking bats in an inflatible doll. With the offense running so smoothly, I'm surprised anyone would risk upsetting that apple cart. Ozzie has sent some strange messages to players before, telling them they all suck and putting him in is just another one of those messages. As long as Oz is managing, we'll see one or two of those per season, and they will get increasingly strange.

So...wait...did you just call Omar Vizquel a fat woman?