Europe

Chi Town Sox

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Nice info. I am going to London and Paris for my honeymoon in November. I really want to try the Fat Duck. After Europe we are headed to Maldives for a week for lots of sun.

I saw pictures from there a few weeks ago, and man is it beautiful looking. It's funny that I really knew nothing about that place other than its name for years and years.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
I saw pictures from there a few weeks ago, and man is it beautiful looking. It's funny that I really knew nothing about that place other than its name for years and years.

I never even heard of it until I started looking at honeymoon spots. We are getting a villa in the ocean that you have to take a seaplane and a boat to get to since it is not even attached to any land. It looks amazing.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 18, 2010 -> 02:24 PM)
Nice info. I am going to London and Paris for my honeymoon in November. I really want to try the Fat Duck. After Europe we are headed to Maldives for a week for lots of sun.

Very nice, but to tell you the truth, I wanted to try it until I saw there current menu. I will try almost anything but I really don't want to spend $225 a person to eat there with the stuff on their current menu although it may be different when you go. They take reservations up to 2 months in advance so be sure to check in September. I'll try to give you a couple of other tips when I get back on restaurants, we plan on going to one of the restaurants on the list (I believe it's #11 in Paris) called Le Chateaubriand, the Chef said he had wanted to create one of the best restaurants in the world but at a price that his friends could afford. I believe its around 45 euros a person which is pretty damn good for one of the best meals in the world

QUOTE (Chi Town Sox @ Jun 19, 2010 -> 08:44 PM)
Very nice, but to tell you the truth, I wanted to try it until I saw there current menu. I will try almost anything but I really don't want to spend $225 a person to eat there with the stuff on their current menu although it may be different when you go. They take reservations up to 2 months in advance so be sure to check in September. I'll try to give you a couple of other tips when I get back on restaurants, we plan on going to one of the restaurants on the list (I believe it's #11 in Paris) called Le Chateaubriand, the Chef said he had wanted to create one of the best restaurants in the world but at a price that his friends could afford. I believe its around 45 euros a person which is pretty damn good for one of the best meals in the world

Yeah I took a look at the menu and the price and I think I will pick a different one. I will try almost anything too but there are a couple others in London in the top 50 list that are a lot cheaper. That Paris one sounds great.

QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jun 21, 2010 -> 12:18 PM)
Yeah I took a look at the menu and the price and I think I will pick a different one. I will try almost anything too but there are a couple others in London in the top 50 list that are a lot cheaper. That Paris one sounds great.

Hey, if you give me a few days, I'll PM you a couple of the places I have found. I actually made a rather large list of places to eat in Paris and London, mostly ones that are where the locals eat (I was bored one day) and kind of separated them into must eats and maybe. Probably the dorkiest thing I have ever done but I love trying different restaurants LOL