White Sox vs Royals 5-16-10 @ 1:10 pm

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 16, 2010 -> 06:46 PM)
What has happened more often these telecasts, Frank saying no doubt about it, or Hawk sucking the Big Hurt off?

It's fine with Hawk being overly kind to Thomas, as at least Sox fans know who Frank Thomas is/was. At least it's not talking about Yaz or Catfish.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:49 PM)
Not about PEDs. His ex-wife has basically said in court documents that he takes all sorts of drugs and isn't stable.

Was this any time recently? I'd be surprised if he had been doing any sort of stimulant regularly and hadn't had the 2nd public positive test right now. I think they've probably got that cleaned up pretty well, since there's not a cottage industry of people designing amphetamines to get around drug tests.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2010 -> 07:51 PM)
Was this any time recently? I'd be surprised if he had been doing any sort of stimulant regularly and hadn't had the 2nd public positive test right now. I think they've probably got that cleaned up pretty well, since there's not a cottage industry of people designing amphetamines to get around drug tests.

Yes, it was recently. I believe Kendall has a waiver for some meds based on having ADHD.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2010 -> 01:47 PM)
Really, you have a problem with how much praise he's put on Frank? He's been flat out right.

I really don't think Hawk needs to stroke Frank's ego 20 times a game. Its fine to call him the greatest hitter in White Sox history a couple of times a telecast, but I think even the most novice of White Sox fans gets it.

Frank Thomas is the poster child for sports heroes you would be udderly dissappointed in if you knew him in person.

Gavin seems to have lost command of his offspeed stuff, as he's overthrowing it now. Need a DP!

Gavin's about to crap the bed here, seen this far too often this season from him.

Edited by fathom