White Sox vs Royals 5-16-10 @ 1:10 pm

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:25 PM)
Who do you think Hawk believes is a better hitter, Frank Thomas or Randy Ruiz?

"Ah'll tell ya what, Stone Pony. This Ruiz kid might have one of the sweetest swings i've ever seen."

"i'll tell you what, Hawk. I've talked to a lot of people in the Toronto clubhouse, and they really like what they see in this Ruiz kid."

Edited by Thunderbolt

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:36 PM)
I mean, who didn't think Bannister was gonna just own face today? Guy with a high ERA, not very good.. perfect situation to ace the Sox.

I don't think the Sox are done scoring, but Floyd has to stop the bleeding. The White Sox offense scored at least 7 runs in 3 of his 7 starts coming into today and he has 1 win.

QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:38 PM)
I don't think the Sox are done scoring, but Floyd has to stop the bleeding. The White Sox offense scored at least 7 runs in 3 of his 7 starts coming into today and he has 1 win.

Again, sounds like the perfect game for him to ace us. And man, how many times have we been robbed in this series? Some f***ing awesome defense by the Royals.

QUOTE (WilliamTell @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:45 PM)
Kubel just hit a grand slam off Rivera. 6-3 now.

Really? Mother f***er. First runs given up by Rivera this season. I started Brad Penny (who sucked) and now Rivera.. I got a 15.19 ERA with a 3.00 WHIP today :(

The White Sox are allergic to winning series. Putrid. Looks like it might also be tough to win in San Jose. Fans are really really into it. Go Hawks!

Edited by greg775

Thome walked on a 3-2 count with the bases loaded right before Kubel's AB. Couldn't locate the cutter inside against either of the two lefties. Thome 3/14 lifetime against MO with 2B, HR and some big RBI's now. Yankees' stadium just deathly quiet, it will be their first victory in NY in something like three years if they hold on.

Twins were only 8 for 51 with the bases loaded before that AB. Just over the RF fence down the line.

8 GB. I was just about to post how we wasted a HUGE opportunity this weekend to get to 5-6 GB and it's now like we basically just wasted a HUGE opportunity to make up some ground with them playing the Yankees.

QUOTE (TitoMB @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:48 PM)
Really? Mother f***er. First runs given up by Rivera this season. I started Brad Penny (who sucked) and now Rivera.. I got a 15.19 ERA with a 3.00 WHIP today :(

Cuddyer had a fluke hit off of Teixeira's glove or wrist, then Rivera came in and walked Thome, the ball seemed way too close to lay off on a 3-2 pitch, but it was called a ball. Then Kubel hit a homer.

8 GB. I was just about to post how we wasted a HUGE opportunity this weekend to get to 5-6 GB and it's now like we basically just wasted a HUGE opportunity to make up some ground with them playing the Yankees.

Caufield this team isn't good enough to say we've "wasted opportunities."

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 01:51 PM)
Caufield this team isn't good enough to say we've "wasted opportunities."

I would call a combined 4-8 against two of the truly terrible teams in the AL (along with BALT and SEA) very much a "wasted opportunity."

They don't get any more wasted than that, this weekend of games was set up on a silver platter for us to make up at least ONE game in the standings.

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:51 PM)
HOW MANY OF US SAID Thome would be getting a ton of DH at-bats (playing with Kubel against RHP and D. Young on the bench)?

And yet, Delmon Young was key to winning that 2nd game against us.

You know, there was a time when getting the tying run on base...I'd feel good about that.