White Sox vs Royals 5-16-10 @ 1:10 pm

QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:19 PM)
Well, the window when Paulie Konerko was great trade bait has quickly closed.

Really?

You must have a really low opinion of major league GM's don't you? You expect them to overreact immensely and give up a huge price for a guy who has a few weeks of real good power, then the moment he has a bad series all trade value vanishes?

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
I still say it won't help Beckham sending him down. What more can he do down there? You work on things and man up in the big leagues. Ride the storm out, baby.

Why the f*** would the White Sox send him down?? Ridiculous. He has the ability. Show it. Bat him ninth the rest of the year if you have to.

Oh wait, we already have 3-4 candidates for ninth.

It wouldn't be the first time a team did this. It would take some of the pressure off of him, and hopefully let him enjoy playing this game. You don't want another Josh Fields situation on our hands.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 04:21 PM)
I still say it won't help Beckham sending him down. What more can he do down there? You work on things and man up in the big leagues. Ride the storm out, baby.

Why the f*** would the White Sox send him down?? Ridiculous. He has the ability. Show it. Bat him ninth the rest of the year if you have to.

Oh wait, we already have 3-4 candidates for ninth. You'll probably get your wish though. I could see the Sox making yet another bad decision with personnel soon. I would not be shocked at all they send him down.

I still think Beckham is awful for the 2 spot. We don't have anyone else blah blah, but he needs to be batting somewhere else to help him figure his s*** out. If we send him down, he can bat wherever he needs to bat, and just focus on confidence in his swing, like someone said. Even if its just for 2 weeks, I think it could do him a hell of a lot of good.

QUOTE (greg775 @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:18 PM)
Sending Beckham down won't help us win games. He's old enough and mature enough to be in the majors. He has to ride it out up here and show what he's got. Team is going nowhere either way. Going down will not help him or the team. Playing Omar and Nix is no better.

This isn't like Robin Ventura when he was a rookie and 0 for 41.

There's a ton of pressure on Beckham because of the struggles of the rest of the line-up. Everyone's acting like the only solution is to let him continue to struggle in Chicago with Walker.

What's the WORST thing that could happen if he had a different voice in his ear instead of Walk?

I mean, every game he's getting bombarded by the media, it's like Brian Anderson (and we were winning in 2006 when he was hitting similar to the way Beckham is right now from April-June that year).....

What's the harm in sending Beckham down right now? If he goes down there and proves to himself he can hit, then great, you call him back up. If he goes down there and continues to struggle to barrel up anything, then you start figuring what out what needs to be done next.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 16, 2010 -> 02:22 PM)
Really?

You must have a really low opinion of major league GM's don't you? You expect them to overreact immensely and give up a huge price for a guy who has a few weeks of real good power, then the moment he has a bad series all trade value vanishes?

We were never going to get anything for Konerko without subsidizing his contract, unless he went on the type of tear he started the season with from June 15th through July 31st. Then we MIGHT have been able to get away with another team just taking the contract (like the Sox did with Rios).

You can't get that type of coincidental timing...it's about as likely as timing the stock market, buying low and selling high.

Great job, Teahen!!!!

Billy Butler, by the way, was off 1B.

Betancourt continuing to be the defensive player of the series for BOTH teams this weekend. Quite a talented enigma, he is.

Sorry, heard the announcers saying Mark and forgot it was TMK and not TMT, both devastating offensive presences

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:30 PM)
Kotsay is so damn slow. Who didn't see that coming?

Kotsay at 1.5 M playing DH 90% of the time

Thome at 1.5 M playing DH 100%

And I think Thome is FASTER than Kotsay!!

Who would you rather have?!?!?!?!? DFA his ass this organization is a joke

You just have to tip your hats to that great Kansas City Royals bullpen...

Great baserunning from AJ and Ramirez.

Routine fly ball that fell in from Aviles in the 4th when the Sox were up 2-0 was the turning point of the ballgame.

That and the Teahen/Pierre outs in the 7th with RISP against the, at best, erratic DUSTY HUGHES.

Edited by caulfield12

QUOTE (fathom @ May 16, 2010 -> 03:31 PM)
Please blow this team up sooner rather than later.

Agreed, call up Flowers, get Viciedo here, D2. See what we have, get some spects for PK,AJ,get rid of Vizquel,Kotsay can go. Bring up Lillibridge and give the kid a shot at being a backup.

Oh, I forgot the Tigers' rookie Boesch or Borsch or whatever the heck his name is...

Why can't we produce more than 3 position players (Crede, Rowand and Beckham, maybe!) in a generation?

Well, I guess you can count Sweeney, Chris Young and Chris Carter for other organizations.