Rangers inquire about AJ

EvilJester99

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:39 PM)
This team would never get on-base.

"Guys, go up there and swing at EVERYTHING."

"What if i want to take a pitch, AJ? You know, work an at-bat?"

"Then i'll punch you in the f***ing face, Nix. What do you think? Holy crap, man. You're lucky i let you out of your cage. Stop pushing your luck. And go out there and swing like a man, p****."

What the hell is with the Nix love all the time? He sucks. He's a bench player walking a very fine line and who will probably end up a AAAA player within the next year or two because he can't make enough contact and he's often a mental midget on defense, despite what all those metrics might say. He's the type of player who is constantly on the bubble, and barring a perfect storm scenario involving an injury to a starter and a period of strong individual play, will never ever ever make it as anything other than bench fodder.

And funny how you talk s*** about AJ...

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:51 PM)
What the hell is with the Nix love all the time? He sucks. He's a bench player walking a very fine line and who will probably end up a AAAA player within the next year or two because he can't make enough contact and he's often a mental midget on defense, despite what all those metrics might say. He's the type of player who is constantly on the bubble, and barring a perfect storm scenario involving an injury to a starter and a period of strong individual play, will never ever ever make it as anything other than bench fodder.

And funny how you talk s*** about AJ...

What has gotten into you tonight, man? I wrote a skit about how A.J. doesn't take pitches, which he doesn't, I used Nix because he being in the doghouse is a running joke on this board. I wasn't making some sort of sweeping statement about the state this team and the people on it; I was going for a quick laugh.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:11 PM)
What has gotten into you tonight, man? I wrote a skit about how A.J. doesn't take pitches, which he doesn't, I used Nix because he being in the doghouse is a running joke on this board. I wasn't making some sort of sweeping statement about the state this team and the people on it; I was going for a quick laugh.

Okay, sorry then. But you still love Nix though, and he still does suck.

BTW why would Nix being in the doghouse be a joke? Nix sucks and therefore he belongs in the doghouse anyway. I mean who in their right mind would start him more than 1 day per week? That's lunacy. Nix is here because Lillibridge didn't turn out to be what KW thought he was.

QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ May 18, 2010 -> 12:17 AM)
Okay, sorry then. But you still love Nix though, and he still does suck.

BTW why would Nix being in the doghouse be a joke? Nix sucks and therefore he belongs in the doghouse anyway. I mean who in their right mind would start him more than 1 day per week? That's lunacy. Nix is here because Lillibridge didn't turn out to be what KW thought he was.

Trust me. i love, A.J, and it'll be a sad day in White Sox land when he's no longer on this team. I love A.J. even more (shockingly) then i love Nix. I don't think Nix needs to have a huge part on this ballclub, i just think he should have Omar Vizquel's part on this ballclub.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)
Trust me. i love, A.J, and it'll be a sad day in White Sox land when he's no longer on this team. I love A.J. even more (shockingly) then i love Nix. I don't think Nix needs to have a huge part on this ballclub, i just think he should have Omar Vizquel's part on this ballclub.

Okay, I am 100000000% with you on this. Sorry T-Bolt.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 17, 2010 -> 11:20 PM)

This might be the best statement I've read in a while. So simple and so, so accurate.

QUOTE (kitekrazy @ May 17, 2010 -> 10:37 AM)
Someone once suggested, fire Ozzie and make AJ a player manager.

No one would be able to tolerate AJ as a manger. No one likes him now and they aren't supposed to listen to him.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 18, 2010 -> 05:20 AM)

However, I think KW has shown his dark side by getting rid of our veteran players when their contracts come up. We let Dye walk and Thome was sent to the Dodgers and then we didn't pursue him in the off season. He replaced them with ?????????

QUOTE (elrockinMT @ May 18, 2010 -> 05:22 PM)
However, I think KW has shown his dark side by getting rid of our veteran players when their contracts come up. We let Dye walk and Thome was sent to the Dodgers and then we didn't pursue him in the off season. He replaced them with ?????????

He has also resigned a lot of them to multi-year deals, such as AJ, PK, Contreras, Buehrle and others.