White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread

hogan873

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ May 17, 2010 -> 02:52 PM)
So, Nix gets on-base four times his last start and then precedes to never be played over a slumping Beckham. Awesome.

As I have stated before, the next option that Ozzie will use is Omar. Logic need not apply.

QUOTE (Kalapse @ May 17, 2010 -> 02:44 PM)
Ron Washington actually did it 6 times last year, this is Omar's 4th go in the 2 hole this year.

and he was all coked up at the time

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 03:09 PM)
That's going to get people excited, be careful.

Any excitement we can garner from Vizquel playing second and hitting in the 2 Spot can only be a good thing, right? Im guessing it happens in the 5th.

Maybe when he's on the DL, Ozzie'll be forced to play Nix/Beckham.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 03:43 PM)
If Pierre reaches base and Vizquel doesn't hit-and-run, then that would be a prime example of bad managing.

He will be bunting.

I have no problem with Vizquel playing but I really am very tired of some canned type of line-up that has not worked for the last two season that guillen keeps shoving down our throats.

I really believe after watching this team that RHH can not hit RHP and LHH can not hit LHP.

QUOTE (Chisox_fan @ May 17, 2010 -> 05:01 PM)
Beckham sitting out the Detroit series.

cst_sox: Plan with Beckham is to sit him both games in Detroit, get back to Chicago and move forward. No plan to demote him.

I think he should have added a "Yet".

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 17, 2010 -> 03:52 PM)
He will be bunting.

I have no problem with Vizquel playing but I really am very tired of some canned type of line-up that has not worked for the last two season that guillen keeps shoving down our throats.

I really believe after watching this team that RHH can not hit RHP and LHH can not hit LHP.

Well adding Vizquel to the top of the lineup will be a new twist. He can't hit either.

QUOTE (Chisox_fan @ May 17, 2010 -> 0 5:01 PM)
Beckham sitting out the Detroit series.

cst_sox: Plan with Beckham is to sit him both games in Detroit, get back to Chicago and move forward. No plan to demote him.

We're all agreed that this means he'll back hitting 2nd tomorrow, right? :lolhitting

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Well, a little birdie yesterday told me that changes are coming tomorrow night/Wednesday morning. Beckham being demoted looks like a possibility.

Any changes aside from Gordon possibly being sent down?

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
No idea, just that changes are happening.

I'd think they would want to replace Randy Williams, but there really isn't anyone ready to do so. I kind of doubt they really plan to demote Beckham at this time, or at least, I hope not.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 17, 2010 -> 04:12 PM)
Well, a little birdie yesterday told me that changes are coming tomorrow night/Wednesday morning. Beckham being demoted looks like a possibility.

I'm probably gonna need tickets to the Knights games if that is the case. They will be fielding a way more exciting team. Beckham is one of the few guys I still like watching on this boring team, and still think it would be a mistake demoting him. Hell prior to yesterday, he had a 3 game hit streak (only a hit a game, but it was progress on what he has been doing). He is a confident guy though, so I would think this won't affect his mentality like alot of young guys which tends to be the case of a demotion and they really take it pretty hard... and never come back.

Edited by SoxAce

Our organization thinks too much. Beckham has been deemed ready to play by our organization. Play him every f***ing day.

This team was ruined with bad offseason acquisitions that weakened the lineup, coupled with mediocre starting pitching when it was supposed to be overpowering starting pitching.

The only changes I want to see involve moving Beckham back to third base and sitting that stiff, Teahen.

If Nix and Omar have to play second every day, so be it.

I'd say moving Lexi back to second, but we know we can't do that since our organization thinks Lexi is some whiz at short.

It should be Beckham at third, Omar at short and Lexi at second. Then replace Omar in the offseason.