White Sox @ Tigers 5/18/10 Game Thread

hogan873

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE (chw42 @ May 18, 2010 -> 02:32 PM)
Well, it has to come sooner or later. You're not going to abuse somebody like Thornton for so many years and not expect him to get hurt, even if his mechanics are nearly flawless.

He has thrown 7 less innings than Zumaya this year. I think the overuse thing is overrated. He is on pace to throw 80 innings this year.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2010 -> 08:37 PM)
He has thrown 7 less innings than Zumaya this year. I think the overuse thing is overrated. He is on pace to throw 80 innings this year.

Yes, but he warms up nearly every game. Very rarely does he get a full rest on a game day. At this point, let's just hope it's nothing that requires surgery.

I don't like Jenks over Pena with the four run lead and non-save situation.

But you have to get him some work so he can TRY to get a feel for his offspeed stuff. Otherwise, if we needed him tmrw against the Angels, he'd really be shaky(ier) coming out of the pen with so much rest.

96 MPH from JENKS, Santos at 95-98, Zumaya was around 100.

QUOTE (fathom @ May 18, 2010 -> 02:43 PM)
Yes, but he warms up nearly every game. Very rarely does he get a full rest on a game day. At this point, let's just hope it's nothing that requires surgery.

So do most good set up men. Maybe that is why there are not that many of them.

QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ May 18, 2010 -> 02:45 PM)
Jenks needs to simply throw 96 MPH fastballs on the corners and see what happenses today no walking guys and s*** like that.

I agree with that statement 100%