NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:05 PM)
no no. You miss heard the report. Since no one actually attends Sky games, he is signing a contract to buy all the seats and give them away as good will to CHicago.

Clarification: He is actually going to New York (Liberty) and using an advance from his salary to do what you just said.

(my current Twitter says if other people's bulls*** tweets get traction, why can't mine)

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:32 PM)
K.C. Johnson - "And with the local product currently making Chicago his free-agent recruiting base, league sources told the Tribune the Bulls are finalizing details on a Thursday meeting with Wade at the United Center."

This is too crazy.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 06:57 PM)
How does it not make sense?

They're the same player, listen to any NBA guy, including Bernstein.... Wade+Rose would be odd having two guys playing the same position

QUOTE (fathom @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:04 PM)
R. Boucher just said that everyone expects James to stay in Cleveland now.

How about Rick Boucher and all the other ESPN 'experts' just stop talking until someone signs an agreement. This is getting ridiculous. Would I be suprised if LBJ stays in Cleveland? No but they are constantly changing their minds. They are turning speculation into sources and sources into rumors and rumors into B.S.

Rick Boucher was the guy who said Kobe to Chicago is all but a done deal. Stephen A. Smith said LBJ to NY was a done deal. Now he saying LBJ, Wade and Bosh to Miami is a done deal. How can we trust a guy who changes his mind like that?

Whatever. . Go Sox!

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:00 PM)
They're the same player, listen to any NBA guy, including Bernstein.... Wade+Rose would be odd having two guys playing the same position

Rose plays the 1, Wade plays the 2. Not sure how thats the same.

QUOTE (RockRaines @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:23 PM)
Rose plays the 1, Wade plays the 2. Not sure how thats the same.

People can hate on Dan Bernstein or whatever, but im just repeating what he, who is a knowledgable nba guy, said. Wade and Rose together doesnt make sense, my apologies if they arent the exact position

QUOTE (Real @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:27 PM)
People can hate on Dan Bernstein or whatever, but im just repeating what he, who is a knowledgable nba guy, said. Wade and Rose together doesnt make sense, my apologies if they arent the exact position

He must have told you he was a knowledgable NBA guy. He really isn't if that is his opinion. Rose and Wade are not even close to being the same player.

QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:50 PM)
He must have told you he was a knowledgable NBA guy. He really isn't if that is his opinion. Rose and Wade are not even close to being the same player.

knowledge or opinion aside, he does have great contacts after covering the BUlls for so many years.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jun 30, 2010 -> 07:54 PM)
knowledge or opinion aside, he does have great contacts after covering the BUlls for so many years.

Not questioning his sources, but he is way off base on this opinion.

I think you fools are getting Boers and Bernstein mixed up. Dan Bernstein didn't cover the Bulls, but Terry Boers did. Dan Bernstein blows smoke out of his ass more often than not, and the last time he leaned on his "sources" he "broke" the Kobe to Chicago rumor and guaranteed it.

Guess what, it didn't happen.

I'm so sick of his name being thrown around this thread like he actually carries any weight. If you need some dirt on what went down with the Rockford Lightning in the 90s, then he's your guy, but if you need NBA insight, and more specifically Bulls insight, look somewhere else.

Boers has some good contacts, but they are pretty old and out of touch with the current NBA landscape.

Edited by Steve9347