NBA Offseason Thread

Not screwed but potentially he could be playing Rose/Wade/Bosh/Noah for the next 5 years which are his prime.

Does he want to be compared to Karl Malone/Patrick Ewing?

If the Bulls get Wade/Bosh Id say they are better than the Cavs today, and if the Celts dont break up many people might have the Cavs as the 3rd best team in the East. Not exactly where you want to be if championships are your goal.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:17 PM)
There won't really be many leaks coming out of the Bulls org, imo. They tend to play things pretty tight to there vest and I think that is why there were only 3 guys in the meeting at the end of the day.

Right, and with all due respect to Jason Goff . . . he wouldn't be the type of guy who they would leak this information to.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 05:18 PM)
Not screwed but potentially he could be playing Rose/Wade/Bosh/Noah for the next 5 years which are his prime.

Does he want to be compared to Karl Malone/Patrick Ewing?

If the Bulls get Wade/Bosh Id say they are better than the Cavs today, and if the Celts dont break up many people might have the Cavs as the 3rd best team in the East. Not exactly where you want to be if championships are your goal.

I agree, but Cleveland could always make moves and use its high paid guys to land other people. Lets not be ignorant here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA so clearly he'd have some sway and the Cavs could upgrade.

I think LBJ staying in Cleveland, Wade/Bosh coming to Chitown, would basically set us up for at least half a decade of amazing basketball rivalries (Bulls/Cle and than the Lakers out west for a while). Would be pretty insane, imo, and real good for the NBA.

Cleveland just seems to be inept when it comes to getting Lebron the right combination. Obviously if they could figure a way to trade for Melo or something that would drastically change their odds. But it just feels like the Cavs are happy with the team they have.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 08:21 PM)
I agree, but Cleveland could always make moves and use its high paid guys to land other people. Lets not be ignorant here. Lebron is the best player in the NBA so clearly he'd have some sway and the Cavs could upgrade.

I think LBJ staying in Cleveland, Wade/Bosh coming to Chitown, would basically set us up for at least half a decade of amazing basketball rivalries (Bulls/Cle and than the Lakers out west for a while). Would be pretty insane, imo, and real good for the NBA.

However, let's give the other side of the coin too...Lebron's been using his clout to get a lot of people coming into Cleveland the last few years, big names, like Shaq, or Heywood, etc. and it hasn't gotten them anywhere. They've totally swung and missed on just about everything they've done, and it's left them with as weak of a roster as you can get; lots of highly paid old people.

You'd think it would be stupid for the Bulls to pull a stunt on Lebron if they don't have that deal in place considering how close Lebron and Wade supposedly are.. he would only need to ask either of them if its true....if its not the Bulls look like jackasses.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:28 PM)
Bucher is scaring me with this.

He was talking about Amare not signing with MIA and then talked about an empty crawl. . . I think he meant MIA but wrote CHI. . . seems logical to me.

QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jul 3, 2010 -> 07:29 PM)
However, let's give the other side of the coin too...Lebron's been using his clout to get a lot of people coming into Cleveland the last few years, big names, like Shaq, or Heywood, etc. and it hasn't gotten them anywhere. They've totally swung and missed on just about everything they've done, and it's left them with as weak of a roster as you can get; lots of highly paid old people.

???

I'm assuming this is meant to be Jamison?