NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
WWW getting booted = LBJ staying in Cleveland. Better hope we get Wade.

WWW can just got back to ruining college basketball now

LeBron was staying in Cleveland anyways. I hope he enjoys remaining ringless, although if he's smart he'll sign a 3 year deal and give himself an out. He'll still be young enough in 2013 to have some really good years left, and can go win a ring somewhere else. Even if a ring isn't on his mind though (and if he stays in Cleveland, it's not), singing a 3 year deal makes the most sense for somebody who is quite clearly an attention whore, even despite the fact he's handled the last few days well.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:17 AM)
WWW getting booted = LBJ staying in Cleveland. Better hope we get Wade.

I think WWW got booted because he was a sieve. Supposedly Steven A Smith got his "big three to Miami" rumor from WWW. That makes me think it was a plant by LeBron to see if it would leak out.

The other, probably more logical, reason could be that WWW was trying to MAKE LeBron go where HE wanted him to go. Hence the comment about "we're going to chicago and Bosh is coming with."

Edited by Athomeboy_2000

If Lebron re-signs with the Cavs for 3 seasons and they don't win a title, he'll definitely bolt to the Nets and join Jay Z in Brooklyn from 2013 (so long as they have the capspace).

If the Bulls want Lebron, they have to get him, now or never.

How does WWW = LBJ staying in Cleveland? I don't see how A = B here.

How do we know that WWW was ever really apart of the inner circle?

WWW's importance always seemed like more of a creation of the media than anything else to me.

QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:47 PM)
How does WWW = LBJ staying in Cleveland? I don't see how A = B here.

How do we know that WWW was ever really apart of the inner circle?

WWW's importance always seemed like more of a creation of the media than anything else to me.

I don't see it either.

QUOTE (mmmmmbeeer @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 12:57 PM)
Hopefully he doesn't want to let the hometown kids down before tutoring them.

That's great news for leaving. If he was staying he would announce before the camp because it would not matter, and the media wouldn't be asking him everyday during the camp.

The whole 3 year contract thing doesnt make sense. I thought the whole idea of signing with Cleveland was that Lebron could get more money and after the CBA the new max contract may be lower meaning Lebron may never get that much again?

Seems like a lot of contradiction.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:06 PM)
The whole 3 year contract thing doesnt make sense. I thought the whole idea of signing with Cleveland was that Lebron could get more money and after the CBA the new max contract may be lower meaning Lebron may never get that much again?

What's an extra $20 mil or so to a man who's going to make a billion...

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 11:06 AM)

HE'd sign a 6 year deal with an opt out after 3 so he'd be protected.

QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:54 PM)

Brian Windhorst of the Cleveland Plain Dealer is reporting that LeBron James, according to Windhorst’s sources, will not announce his decision about where he’s playing next season until Thursday at the earliest ... after his Nike basketball camp this week is over.

Which makes total sense.

Telling the world whom he wants to sign with Monday, with campers congregating in his hometown of Akron, Ohio, for the next three days, only would have worked for LeBron if he’s definitely staying with the Cavs. How could he announce that he’s leaving them in free agency and then proceed with the camp?

Jittery Cavs fans will undoubtedly worry now that this is the latest LeBron’s Leaving signal, but I would argue that you can’t read that much into the delay. Not when so many folks around the league connected to the teams chasing LeBron believe, more and more, that staying with the Cavs is a far bigger possibility than many prognosticators believed going into the frenzy.

If he’s going to leave Ohio now -- and subject himself to untold scorn for the rest of his life when he goes home -- James naturally wants to be sure he’s making the right call. It’s understandable, at least to me, that he wouldn’t want to rush that choice after cramming six visits into three days.

QUOTE (fathom @ Jul 4, 2010 -> 01:45 PM)
WWW had long been considered the main person within LBJ's inner circle that was pushing for Chicago. If he's been kicked out of that circle, sure seems like there's been a difference of opinion on where James should go/stay

WWW was also the source behind Bosh/Wade/LBJ going to Miami. Which is he? The lobby for Chicago or Miami? I think WWW was pushing to make a name for himself, and he has. Do I ever think he was going to decide where LeBron goes? No.