NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:48 AM)
Denial is a terrible thing. WE ARE NOT GETTING LEBRON! It's 41-41 for the Bulls for the next 5 years.

Ehh...they'll overpay for Boozer and some white shooter and it'll be 48-34 or so and alternating between out in the 1st and 2nd round the next 5 years. We'll know for sure on LeBron in less than 36 hours though, and assuming he isn't coming here, then full panic will set in among the entire fanbase if it hasn't already.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
Seriously, with the overreactions. The Bulls were the 5th seed and a possible 50 win team last year before Noah and Rose got banged up towards the end of the season. If you add Boozer alone, we're a 50 win team.

With no real chance to win an NBA title though. How would that roster really be a whole lot different than say the Atlanta Hawks in terms of talent?

QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:44 AM)
Yes he is.

Off the top of my head I'd rather have:

Lebron

Kobe

Anthony

Durant

Williams

Dirk

Paul

Rose

Wade

Roy

Nash

Rondo

Gasol

Duncan (for a couple years anyway)

Pierce (for a couple years anyway)

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:49 AM)
Yeah this isn't sour grapes at all. Bosh isn't a superstar but he is still a top 10 player in the NBA and is clearly a vastly superior player to Boozer. Hell ,Kobe was 10 games under .500 in the three years between Shaq leaving LA and Gasol arriving in LA.

It's not sour grapes. It's moving on... we can't sit here and boohoo over these guys partying in Miami. The Bulls have a legit future superstar in Rose as well as a highly-coveted center, mad cap space, and solid role players in Deng and hopefully Asik. Get something done and compete with Wade and Bosh.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
With no real chance to win an NBA title though. How would that roster really be a whole lot different than say the Atlanta Hawks in terms of talent?

Perfect comparison actually, and I agree with you. The Bulls are the Atlanta Hawks now. Woooo!

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:48 PM)
Not a good time to come in here and proclaim how much you hate the Bulls. Enjoy being the 2nd best team in Florida, btw.

If the Heat don't end up with Lebron but say Felton and Haywood instead (or Miller and Rudy Fernandez has been mooted), then it's debatable who the better team is.

my thing is we can compete with miami if all they have is bosh/wade.....we still would have rose/boozer (im assuming we'll land him pleasssse) to counter that and also have noah and deng......thats far better than what miami has right now......if lebron signs with them thats a different story

QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:51 AM)
Off the top of my head I'd rather have:

Lebron

Kobe

Anthony

Durant

Williams

Dirk

Paul

Rose

Wade

Roy

Nash

Rondo

Gasol

Duncan (for a couple years anyway)

Pierce (for a couple years anyway)

No on Pierce, Duncan, Nash, Rondo, Roy, yes on the rest.

You didn't list Dwight, whom I'd take over Bosh.

I'd rather the Bulls target Lee instead of Boozer. He'll play all 81 games, and is 2 years younger. And I think Thib could help turn him into a passable defender. Plus, the Bulls window for a title is probably closed for the next 4 years. Go with the younger of the 2, imo.

QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:54 AM)
Y'all are seriously overrating Carlos Boozer.

Exactly, and I'm not even sure how much he'd fit with our coach. Thibs is all about defense, and Boozer has never even pretended to try and play it. Maybe they can at least try and get Lee to try and defend if they sign him (although he's been with D'Antoni recently).

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:45 AM)
AdamZagoria

"I think KG, Ray and Paul when they all went to the Celtics back in 07, they made that sacrifice and it worked out for them." -- Bosh

Chris, you're an idiot. What sacrifice have they made and what sacrifices are you and Wade making? Did you just use the term "sacrifice" when Wade is going to get 130 million and you're going to get 100? WTF

What a sacrifice.

And didn't KG and Allen get traded to Boston??? Everyone brings them up, but they weren't free agents who took max contracts. They were in s***ty situations and were traded, completely different situations too.

I'm not a huge Boozer fan either, and I definitely don't think he deserves the max. But in recent years Boozer has been ~ 20/10 on mid 50 FG%. For how long this team has been crying for a post scorer he's not bad.

Not saying I want Boozer, so spare yourselves, but the guy is a pretty good interior scorer.

QUOTE (sircaffey @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:55 PM)
I'd rather the Bulls target Lee instead of Boozer. He'll play all 81 games, and is 2 years younger. And I think Thib could help turn him into a passable defender. Plus, the Bulls window for a title is probably closed for the next 4 years. Go with the younger of the 2, imo.

It depends a lot on whether TT wants a pick and roll type of offense, or whether he wants more of a low post guy to go through with outside shooters on the perimeter.

I think you make a good argument for Lee over Boozer though, but you never know how Lee is going to play in a different system, which is the risk.

Hopefully this pisses Reisndorf off and he goes out and trades for Kobe, Carmelo and Dwight Howard.

Then Lebron, Wade and Bosh cry about not being in Chicago.

Take that bastards!

If I was the Bulls, id be trying to trade for bad contracts that expire next year and load up on draft picks. At this point the only choice is to try and get lucky through the draft or in a trade later in the season.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
I'm not a huge Boozer fan either, and I definitely don't think he deserves the max. But in recent years Boozer has been ~ 20/10 on mid 50 FG%. For how long this team has been crying for a post scorer he's not bad.

Not saying I want Boozer, so spare yourselves, but the guy is a pretty good interior scorer.

He's a good fit offensively with Rose. But a max deal (which is probably what it'll take since New Jersey will want him too I'd assume) for a guy who is inury prone and doesn't guard to play under a coach who is all about defense just screams problems.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:59 AM)
He's a good fit offensively with Rose. But a max deal (which is probably what it'll take since New Jersey will want him too I'd assume) for a guy who is inury prone and doesn't guard to play under a coach who is all about defense just screams problems.

Absolutely, I just wanted to stand up for the guy since he's been getting blasted everywhere haha. I would be disgusted if we signed him for his max, but the guy is a pretty f***in good offensive player.

I would prefer Lee, and I feel a Boozer-Max signing would be a product of the Bulls wanting to make a big "name" splash.

QUOTE (DBAHO @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:57 AM)
It depends a lot on whether TT wants a pick and roll type of offense, or whether he wants more of a low post guy to go through with outside shooters on the perimeter.

I think you make a good argument for Lee over Boozer though, but you never know how Lee is going to play in a different system, which is the risk.

Boozer has been running the pick and roll as much as any big man in the NBA the last few years so Boozer could play in either system with ease. My problem with Boozer is that he is one of the worst low post defenders I've seen and he has a really hard time finishing against big men with length. He missed some incredibly easy shots against the Lakers because of his lack of length and athleticism. He has also missed 30+ games 3 of the last 6 years and he is turning 29 so he will almost certainly be on a major decline by the end of the contract he signs.

Edited by whitesoxfan99

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
Absolutely, I just wanted to stand up for the guy since he's been getting blasted everywhere haha. I would be disgusted if we signed him for his max, but the guy is a pretty f***in good offensive player.

I would prefer Lee, and I feel a Boozer-Max signing would be a product of the Bulls wanting to make a big "name" splash.

The Bulls need to understand that no matter what they do, they're going to lose the PR battle and get ripped to shreds by most people since they didn't get any of the top 3. So screw PR, and do whatever is best for the team.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 12:01 PM)
Boozer has been running the pick and roll as much as any big man in the NBA the last few years so Boozer could play in either system with ease. My problem with Boozer is that he is one of the worst low post defenders I've seen and he has a really hard time finishing against big men with length. He missed some incredibly easy shots against the Lakers because of his lack of length and athleticism.

Wouldn't Noah be taking over those duties though?