NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
This contract is going to be laughably bad by the end of the deal. Hopefully they land Lebron.

Depending on the contract's structure, they might not have room for him unless they trade off a $4-5 million.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:50 PM)
This contract is going to be laughably bad by the end of the deal. Hopefully they land Lebron.

Ya I'm not looking forward to the last 2 years of it, but it had to be done, and seeing him and Rose P&R (EASY assist for Derrick) for the next 3 prime years of his will be nice. Also we finally get a lost post presence which seems like forever now we've lacked.

But.... it won't be even 1/8th as bad as that Joe Johnson contract.

Edited by SoxAce

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:53 PM)
I've been wanting Boozer since last off-season. But after all this, I didn't want him THAT much...

I don't like Boozer and I really don't like him for that much money, but he is a good piece if you have Noah, LeBron and Rose next to him. If you don't get LeBron I will despise even looking at Boozer though.

How quickly emotions turn on this ride.

With Boozer signing that deal, does it not feel like the writing is on the wall for Lebron?

1) Lebron is the highest paid player on the Bulls, no tie with Amare.

2) Lebron comes to a core group of Boozer, Noah, Rose. No trades needed. Bulls could potentially keep Deng as SG/SF for line up of Rose, Deng, Lebron, Boozer, Noah.

3) Bosh/Wade dont go to Bulls even thought it seemingly made more sense.

4) Bulls have been extremely quiet while being at the forefront of all rumors.

Can this really be happening?

Edited by Soxbadger

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 01:53 PM)
I've been wanting Boozer since last off-season. But after all this, I didn't want him THAT much...

Boozer is better than a lot of you think. He isn't amazing, but he's a serious upgrade and we don't have to give up anything to get him. Will it be enough to get Lebron? I don't know, but that core is pretty damn good. You add Lebron and that team should meet up with the Lakers a year from now.