NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:17 PM)
The worst thing that could happen is Lebron going to Miami. Every other scenario has the Bulls making a legitmate play for the top seed in the East, year in and year out.

someone who is a little more familiar with the cap situations could confirm or deny this, but for him to go to Miami there needs to be a S & T, and I would think there would be rumors from the second team involved.

QUOTE (chw42 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:03 PM)
The possibility of a sign and trade is still there for Boozer. The Jazz might want something back. Dump them with Deng's contract. :)

It could involve Okhur getting sent over to Chicago as well or something along those lines. Who knows. But the nice part is, we are at least on life support in the hunt for LBJ, if not better.

I still have hope and won't quit until the Bulls are told no or someone other than Chicago is told yes.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
Guys.

How could LeBron say no to joining our stacked roster? I don't see it happening!

Clevelend + mommy banger?

New York + Danillo + Amare?

Miami + Wade + Bosh?

Chicago + Rose + Boozer + Noah?

New Jersey + 12 wins?

Miami with LeBron is the best of those teams, followed by the Bulls. But with the Bulls there is no doubt this is LeBron's team. Rose is good but Wade is a top 3 player in the league and he would get almost as much credit for Miami winning a title as LeBron. New Jersey actually has a little going for them with Lopez, Harris, and Favors but if you are LeBron you would be putting a ton of faith in Lopez and Favors developing into a really strong interior force and they would likely be at least a year away from being a title contender. New York doesn't make any sense if you want to win titles.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:07 PM)
B & B made a few interesting points, Boers thinks this move alone makes the Bulls equal or better than the Heat, this was a move to help counter any momentum the Knicks may have gained with Amar'e and it is official that they have a max left

One thing I ponder, why would Boozer take the exact amount needed to leave room for a max if he didn't think we had someone else coming?

Just something to think about!

Doesn't matter if I have my hopes up or not, I'm going to be heart broken if he doesn't sign here no matter what.

That's fine, but coming into the FA period the Bulls were by far the best team that had the cap space to go shopping. Everybody else first had to play catch-up to us to even reach the point of contention against the Lakers. Now the Bulls are a better team than the Heat (without LeBron) as well as the Knicks, Nets and Cavs (with LeBron).

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:20 PM)
One thing I ponder, why would Boozer take the exact amount needed to leave room for a max if he didn't think we had someone else coming?

Just something to think about!

unless he knows LBJ is staying in Cle, or going to Miami or NYK and Nets and Bulls were offering basically the same and he likes Chicago better

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 02:15 PM)
Guys.

How could LeBron say no to joining our stacked roster? I don't see it happening!

Miami + Wade + Bosh?

New Jersey + 12 wins?

Don't forget Deng and Gibson. Heck, Deng is better than Danillo, imo and Gibson is pretty solid too. We have by far the best roster for LBJ to join. The only thing we'd need to do is basically tell LBJ that we have a 2 guard that we will be acquiring for Deng and him knowing we have it done. If the Bulls can do that, well, than they'll be completely ready for LBJ.

unless he knows LBJ is staying in Cle, or going to Miami or NYK and Nets and Bulls were offering basically the same and he likes Chicago better

If that's the case then Boozer f***ed up. He could've easily waited for the Nets and Bulls to get desperate to at least do something this offseason after the Night of LeBron and gotten paid more.

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:15 PM)
Guys.

Miami + Wade + Bosh?

New Jersey + 12 wins?

yes for sure. now that the bulls have boozer if lebron goes elsewhere, it will not have been a pure basketball decision ...no doubt that bulls team is easily the best opportunity for him to win a championship (outside miami...but i believe miami would still have to work out a sign and trade for bosh, which may happen anyways, and hten convince lebron to take slightly less)

I really want to believe but I can't do it. I don't wanna get my hopes up too high.

The only thing that gives me hope is:

-if he stays in Cleveland, the city is happy, his home loves him but that's all it will amount to probably

-not sure it would work in Miami since he really doesn't want to be on someone elses team and a dream team like that isn't easy to put together (financially)

Edited by Soxguy

The Bulls have tried their damned hardest. Give them God damn props. They are in the best possible position to bring in LeBron, and if he is focused on his image, building his legacy, and winning championships, he'll sign with the Bulls.

If he's not, there's nothing the BULLS could have done about it.

QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:25 PM)
The Hinrich move freed up money for Boozer. No regrets.

if we already would have bron locked up than i consider it that but since we don't im right now considering it extra dough to offer james a max contract lol

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:27 PM)
The Bulls have tried their damned hardest. Give them God damn props. They are in the best possible position to bring in LeBron, and if he is focused on his image, building his legacy, and winning championships, he'll sign with the Bulls.

If he's not, there's nothing the BULLS could have done about it.

yeah, the Bulls focused on LBJ and made it the best scenario they could

QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:28 PM)
Boozer, in 44 playoff games has averaged 23.5 points and 12.5 boards.

With Boozer, we put up a much better fight in this past playoffs for sure, the team is alot better with him in the fold.