NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)
I find it amusing that Broussard says the Bulls aren't out of it but certainly not the favorite for LeBron.. yet the f***in Knicks are?? The Knicks have noone and they will suck for years to come even with LeBron.

I'm telling you, it's an ESPN hype machine.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:14 PM)
It could be something. I mean, you don't just change your paperwork. What all it truly means, I'm not so sure because I really don't know what he did. I assume he is changing his mailing address to a new location, but it claims it is an agency anyway so maybe he just changed agency that manage something for him?

No idea.

it's really a bulls*** story that Lebron changed his personal information. I mean, he could at least change it after he made the official announcement, it' not like he wanted to GTFO ASAP. Plus, so much could change within the next 24 hours to alter his decision, such as Bulls signing Boozer like we just saw.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:15 PM)
I find it amusing that Broussard says the Bulls aren't out of it but certainly not the favorite for LeBron.. yet the f***in Knicks are?? The Knicks have noone and they will suck for years to come even with LeBron.

But for 2 years Lebron told everyone that he wanted to play in New York. That is where all the New York talk came from. Clearly they can't offer the ability to win right away, but if Lebron joins Amare, with another contract rolling off the books they will be fine. They will spend money and they will do everything to win. He can build/create his own legacy there.

I'd understand. I think if he dares to be truly amazing, Chicago could be an amazing place for him to play.

Evidently it's just a financial agency in Chicago that handles Lebrons taxes, meaning nothing.

CV31: I'm just saying... LeBron will not be going to Chicago or Miami. I'm just saying, word on the streets. LOL. NY vs. NJ vs. CLE. I know where.

RealJayWilliams: I am going to say this. I just heard from a little bird in his camp, King James and Spike Lee will be seeing a lot of each other next yr.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:14 PM)
It could be something. I mean, you don't just change your paperwork. What all it truly means, I'm not so sure because I really don't know what he did. I assume he is changing his mailing address to a new location, but it claims it is an agency anyway so maybe he just changed agency that manage something for him?

No idea.

I think it could also be done purposefully to try and drum up enthusiasm for this damn show tomorrow night.

It does give me hope that Boozer is allegedly calling Lebron and trying to sell him on the Bulls.

As for the paperwork, I couldnt really read it so Im not sure what the relevance is.

Now if it was Lebron's friends agency and it was moving locations to Chicago, Im pretty sure that tells you all you need to know.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 06:15 PM)

As B&B said, don't trust anything out of Bristol today. It's all about drumming up hype. They want NY to think they are in it.

QUOTE (WHarris1 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:16 PM)
Evidently it's just a financial agency in Chicago that handles Lebrons taxes, meaning nothing.

CV31: I'm just saying... LeBron will not be going to Chicago or Miami. I'm just saying, word on the streets. LOL. NY vs. NJ vs. CLE. I know where.

RealJayWilliams: I am going to say this. I just heard from a little bird in his camp, King James and Spike Lee will be seeing a lot of each other next yr.

Basically, no one knows a damn thing except for LeBron and maybe a couple of people in his inner circle.

QUOTE (EvilJester99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:15 PM)

his ego might be too big to believe that, even if it's the truth

I think the bigger story is why is ESPN getting this?

You want to know why (and this is my pure speculation) because ESPN agreed to cover up the whole Delonte West sleeping with his mom story. Lebron begged and pleaded to keep it hush hush.

If anyone listens to Colin Cowherd you'd know that he's been harping on the fact that he has been told by ESPN that he can't report it, but he just tells his audience to google it and that he's confirmed its legit.

QUOTE (Soxbadger @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:17 PM)
It does give me hope that Boozer is allegedly calling Lebron and trying to sell him on the Bulls.

As for the paperwork, I couldnt really read it so Im not sure what the relevance is.

Now if it was Lebron's friends agency and it was moving locations to Chicago, Im pretty sure that tells you all you need to know.

I think it is good that Boozer and LBJ have been teammates on the olympic team. That should help.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 04:18 PM)
I think the bigger story is why is ESPN getting this?

You want to know why (and this is my pure speculation) because ESPN agreed to cover up the whole Delonte West sleeping with his mom story. Lebron begged and pleaded to keep it hush hush.

If anyone listens to Colin Cowherd you'd know that he's been harping on the fact that he has been told by ESPN that he can't report it, but he just tells his audience to google it and that he's confirmed its legit.

I agree, but where else would he do it?

Cbs?

Well I just read every single page I missed today and the mood swing in this thread was incredible. So low this morning, to extremely high right after Boozer, and its slowly falling now.

f*** it I predit Lebron James signs with the Bulls tomorrow.

QUOTE (Chisoxfn @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:20 PM)
I think it is good that Boozer and LBJ have been teammates on the olympic team. That should help.

they also had been teammates on the Cavs in 2003, then Boozer left Lebron hanging by bolting for the Jazz. Would Lebron really take Boozer serious on free agency matters again?

Edited by thxfrthmmrs

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)
Well I just read every single page I missed today and the mood swing in this thread was incredible. So low this morning, to extremely high right after Boozer, and its slowly falling now.

No one knows what the f*** is going on, so it's driving everyone insane.

QUOTE (iamshack @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 03:20 PM)
I agree, but where else would he do it?

Cbs?

I think somewhere along the lines, ESPN made an agreement wtih LBJ that they'd keep there mouth shut if he'd do a public announcing.

Just my 2 cents and it is a complete conspiracy theory.

QUOTE (kev211 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:21 PM)

f*** it I predit Lebron James signs with the Bulls tomorrow.

I'll call my shot, I'm going with the Knicks, it makes LBJ irrelevant for the foreseeable future, but the lure of NY with LBJ's ego is too much for him.

QUOTE (thxfrthmmrs @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
they also had been teammates on the Cavs in 2003, then Boozer left Lebron hanging by bolting for the Jazz. Would Lebron really take Boozer serious on free agency matters again?

I've seen reports that they actually stayed good friends despite that incident.

QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:24 PM)
I'll call my shot, I'm going with the Knicks, it makes LBJ irrelevant for the foreseeable future, but the lure of NY with LBJ's ego is too much for him.

No team with LeBron on it is irrelevant, especially if they also have Amare.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 05:27 PM)
No team with LeBron on it is irrelevant, especially if they also have Amare.

irrelevant is a strong word I used, but I couldn't see them contending for a championship, even with those two, not even mentioning health questions with Amar'e