NBA Offseason Thread

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 05:53 AM)
How the f*** can anyone respect Kobe?

He works hard, he's won with two completely different looking teams. He shoots too much, but so what. Hasn't really affected their success.

BS leaks and smokescreens. He won't play it this close to the damn vest and stay this tight lipped to let it out to newsday 20 hours before his national TV special.

I would be shocked if Lebron and the few people that probably know would let this out beforehand.

QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:58 PM)
If he really wants to win, I can respect him going to Miami.

Thing is.. for a guy with his ego.. I can't see him sharing spotlight with Wade. He'll get the same questions Kobe did when he couldn't win without Shaq till recently.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)
Thing is.. for a guy with his ego.. I can't see him sharing spotlight with Wade. He'll get the same questions Kobe did when he couldn't win without Shaq till recently.

You sound like me, and we're about to be crushed by the NBA's ultimate p-word.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:00 AM)

Yep, it would be absolutely amazing if he went to Miami. One of the more shocking transactions of my life.

QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 7, 2010 -> 11:59 PM)
Cowley now pimping the Newsday story saying LeBron to Wade county, FWIW

Well Cowley can also join the cast of people who don't know anything because that report is just speculation like every other god damn one that's come out in the last week or so.

QUOTE (SoxAce @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:00 AM)

I don't think that is really true because LeBron will be without a doubt the best player on that team and it really wouldn't be close. Kobe was the clear #2 guy on those Lakers championships team with O'Neal being the dominant force. Would he get as much credit as he would with the Bulls where he wouldn't have another superstar? Of course not but there would be no doubt he is the best player on a title team.

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)
I don't think that is really true because LeBron will be without a doubt the best player on that team and it really wouldn't be close. Kobe was the clear #2 guy on those Lakers championships team with O'Neal being the dominant force. Would he get as much credit as he would with the Bulls where he wouldn't have another superstar? Of course not but there would be no doubt he is the best player on a title team.

lol@wouldn't be close. Wade goes weeks at a time where he looks like the best player on the planet. Lebron would just be one of the guys instead of THE guy. Winning titles with Miami would do nothing for his overall legacy. It would be like no s***.

I would think that after 280 pages you would all know better by now. By 10 AM someone else will say that he's a lock for the Knicks, then by 2 PM someone will say he's definitely going to stay in Cleveland, then by 4 we'll get some other report that he's smoking a blunt with Rose and Noah on the south side. Then after the announcement everyone will pick some random comment they made at some point over the last three weeks and claim that they knew all along.

Edited by ZoomSlowik

QUOTE (whitesoxfan99 @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 12:04 AM)

Sure he will be, but the thing is.. Wade has already proved he can win one without LeBron. Then your adding Bosh into the equation and your pretty much getting ripped forever even if you win 10 rings.

QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Jul 8, 2010 -> 06:08 AM)
I would think that after 260 pages you would all know better by now. By 10 AM someone else will say that he's a lock for the Knicks, then by 2 PM someone will say he's definitely going to by Miami, then by 4 we'll get some other report that he's smoking a blunt with Rose and Noah on the south side. Then after the announcement everyone will pick some random comment they made at some point over the next three weeks and claim that they knew all along.

yes, i thought that last night and then woke up to find wade and bosh in miami.